Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Has Anyone Here Tried Viviscal Or Another Hair Vitamin?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by MeliM, Jun 12, 2019 at 2:22 PM.

1. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Just wondering if anyone on here has tried Viviscal, and if they saw any improvement?

2. Sandy

Sandy Member

Dislikes Received:
    I just responded to this in another post; I did take viviscal for a few months and even stocked up on lots of it, but then going for a general bloodwork saw my alkaline phosphate levels go very high; the doctor was concerned about this, so I stopped the viviscal. I since read in a medical report article that it does raise these levels. I cannot say for certain if it helped or not, I was on it for only a short time. A friend who has been taking it though says it has helped her; although I never noticed she had problem with her hair previously.

3. unefemme

unefemme Member

Dislikes Received:
    I just replied to this topic posted by someone else. Bottom line: After being on Viviscal for a few years, I didn't notice any positive hair changes (but kept taking the pill b/c I kept hoping...), but I did notice some negative liver enzyme changes! The side effects on my liver (and, according to others online) were not worth the "waiting" to see if Viviscal would work. If you definitely have some sort of vitamin deficiency, then you should talk to your MD about taking that particular supplement.