Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Has Anyone Tried Hair Loss Vitamins?

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by Ann Mac, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Ann Mac

Ann Mac New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have androgenic alopecia and I have been taking Hair La Vie for about 3 months with no real improvements. I was thinking about trying Viviscal for 3 months to see if that helps anything. Let me know if you guys have tried any fancy vitamins!

2. Heather

Heather Member

Dislikes Received:

I have tried a few different brands and the only thing noticeable is that my hair grows fast. Like long, not thick. I keep taking them diligently anyway. They are packed with all the right things! I believe they all are pretty similar to each other with the same ingredients.

I am going to try and focus on my scalp circulation with Rosemary oil. I've heard lots of success with it. I've also heard that drinking gelatin every day helps as well.

Never Ending battle!

3. unefemme

unefemme Member

Dislikes Received:
    I took Viviscal for several years - and the only change was in the level of my liver enzymes (too elevated). Hair vitamins only work if you're deficient in them and, clearly, that wasn't the case for me. As soon as I stopped taking Viviscal, there were no negative changes in my hair, but my liver enzymes went back to normal levels within 3 months (a good thing!). I do take Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Omega-3, CoQ10, Magnesium, and a probiotic - but those are to keep my heart healthy. Most likely, the C, D, and Omega-3 are also good for my hair!

Heather likes this.
  4. ginoren

ginoren New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I tired Viviscal for a couple of months. Didn't do anything for me although they very much raved about by celebrities (i guess it is endorsement) besides it is very expensive. I take biotin (they make my existing hair grow faster) vitamin d and also omega. omega is good because i have seen a difference after i started taking them. My hair and skin seemed healthier. my hair was shinier and my skin was less dry. I have also experienced myself with saw palmetto ( nothing happened) with evening primose oil (had very bad and sudden mood change which is a documented side effect) I don't think drinking gelatin will help it will probably cause you diarrhea instead. But as a pharmacist my understanding is that the idea of gelatin on face and hair and its collagen like effect prompts people to think drinking gelatin helps.

Right now I'm on spironolactone 50mg OM. Medically you can take up to 200mg per day for hair loss but i try not to do so so because it can cause hyperkalemia (heart palpitations, heart rhythm changes - felt it before) and also cause inter-menstrual bleeding (also had it before). Before spironolactone, i had hair transplant done. It failed. My doctor got a technician to do it who didn't inplant the follicles properly. So I switch doctors. The hair fall has decreased tremendously after i started spironolactone. I still do have bald crown which I cover using toppik.

Heather likes this.
  5. Amanda30

Amanda30 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have been taking Nutrafol for about a month and a half. I have definitely noticed that my hair looks and feels much healthier. It's not the cheapest option and waiting to see what other results may come from it. What I like is that it targets more than just basic vitamin deficiencies. It acts as an anti-inflammatory, stress reducer, etc. Worth checking out. I started it at the same time I started Minoxidil 5% Foam + Spironolactone 100mg/day.

Heather likes this.
  6. Stillme

Stillme New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I take Juice Plus and it has made a huge impact on the health of the hair I have. Ignore any haters online, it WORKS! While I don't believe it was going to regrow all my genetically lost hair by any means, after 4 months on the red, green, purple and orange capsules I was so hopeful that I could ditch my hair pieces that I began Rogaine, laser combing and got a transplant where traction has destroyed the follicles. Today I am so grateful and will always use it for my nutritional support along with my other necessary and highly effective therapies! Best of luck to us ALL!

Grateful1828 likes this.
  7. Grateful1828

Grateful1828 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have taken Juice Plus for the last seven years and I know it has helped delay my hair loss- but I have had already been suffering for 16 years prior to starting so there is just so much that can be done at that point.

I will be transparent because I am a rep for the company because how it has helped my healthy and my families health (no more allergies, autoimmune under control, colitis remission to name a few) but I have had many customers where the first thing they notice is improvement in their hair/nails. That is awesome that you have seen similar results!!

Here is a photo that was shared with me showing how it has helped this young woman with her alopecia. I know we all have different hair loss causes, which is the hardest thing to pin point!! If anyone was considering trying it, I would encourage you to NOT order off of amazon because you do not know where that product is coming from. Just order from directly from Juice plus or a rep you know, that is the only way you can be ensured the product is fresh and coming right from the wharehouse, not someone’s garage.

Attached Files:

8. SarahBee

SarahBee New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi! I've been taking Juice Plus Omegas and Berry capsules for 2 months, but noticed much difference. Am I on the right ones do you think? Thanks!

9. Grateful1828

Grateful1828 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey!!
    I have been taking the trio (veggies, berries and fruits) for almost 8 years and the omegas now for about a year. For MOST women, it helps them with hair/nail growth. For me I feel it has helped with my hair loss stopping. The main educational part I share with people is that Juice Plus is a food- not a vitamin. It is labeled as a food, and is simply raw, highly nutritious fruits and veggies in capsules (or chewables). So, instead of getting just 13 or so man man vitamins that we don't even know if our bodies are absorbing, with JP your body is taking out what it needs organically from the foods (which is how we are intended to get our vitamins). Here is a link where it shows you all of the things it is clinically proven to do in the body- which are pretty amazing for prevention and health. So, to answer your question, yes keep taking it!! And I would ask whoever you are getting it from to add on the fruit and veggie as well then you are getting more than 30 raw fruits and veggies in your body everyday and will feel amazing ;) If you have any more questions I am happy to help!
    https://caponi.juiceplus.com/us/en/clinical-research/clinical-research-new

10. SarahBee

SarahBee New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you so much, that's a big help! :)