Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Has anyone tried Pantene's Agedefy series?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by somegirl, Dec 25, 2012.

1. somegirl

somegirl Guest

I'm curious since it claims to treat just about all the problems I'm dealing with - frizz, flyaways, hair that's lost it's shine, thinning...Don't believe it really thickens but I'll settle for it just looking better.
    (I really miss my old hair...sigh :()
    I'm asking because it isn't available where I live and shipping makes it really expensive, so I'd like to know if it lives up to the hype before ordering it.

2. lilybug

lilybug Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Some girl, I have tried the Age Defy thickening serum and have been impressed. I have used it about three weeks and was going to post after a month of steady use. Initially I purchased it to see if it would help my hair when I removed my topper because for me that is just a dreadful look and the serum can be applied to either wet or dry hair. It does help me to see even a little bit more 'bulk' to the poor strands. It seems to help with frizz somewhat but shine not so much. I am planning to purchase the rest of the line as soon as I work through my shower stash.

3. somegirl

somegirl Guest

Thanks Lilybug!
    Frizz control and a bit of thickening is more than enough for me :)

4. WittsEnd

WittsEnd Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I use the Age Defy thickening serum and really love it. I bought it at Target

5. LaurenEinFL

LaurenEinFL Guest

I haven't tried this one, but I have tried Nioxin Diamax...I don't have the pics uploaded to the computer that I'm on, but you can see the difference on my blog (in my sig). I have to do a post of what exactly I use...but on the top, thinning areas I use the Diamax as well as some cheap Garnier mousse (I don't remember which kind, will have to check). Then for lift and structure (not on top but on the sides of my head) I use Big Sexy Hair Root Pump/Root Pump Plus.