Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hate hair loss

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by nitu1, Aug 29, 2016.

1. nitu1

nitu1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi All
    I have been dealt a terrible hand when it comes to my hair. I have struggled with it since my twenties and i am now in my early 40s. The only good thing was i had a very thick head of hair to start with and the loss was somehow not so noticeable now. I think it may have been CTE and possibly it was falling out but enough was coming in so i was doing ok but in the last 5 years its not the case. I see the difference and notice how much is lost. Everyday is a battle and every shower is scary. I was doing ok being on viviscal, iron and multi vitamin but all of a sudden i feel like TE/CTE picked up and i am shedding a lot more. I hope it slows down shortly. I know there is really no answers but i guess i just needed to put it out there i guess.
    My plan of action now is just to continue with iron/viviscal. Still not sure about starting rogaine (have had in the closet for over 2 mths now). I think i had some luck with coconut/almond oil mask in 2015 but it just made my hair so flat....but i guess i will give that a try once a week.
    For anyone reading this, thanks :)

2. ElPatoEllington

ElPatoEllington Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I hear you. Hair loss is the absolute worst. I'm a completely different person when my shedding drops compared to when it's elevated. It's so much of a change that I probably look bipolar to an outsider...happy, energetic, carefree vs lazy, distracted, sad. I'm like Scrooge from A Christmas Carol the morning after his meeting with the three ghosts when my shedding drops. That SUCKS. Why do we let it do this to us? It's just little strings of keratin growing out of our head. How weird is that? Anyway, I'm actively trying to not care so much but every day is a struggle, I absolutely agree. I wish I could give you some meaningful advice on how to reduce your shed but, ugh, if I only knew. We're here for you!