Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Haven't had it show up in years, now it's back... worse?

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed Alopecians' started by toni119922, Mar 19, 2012.

1. toni119922

toni119922 Guest

I first got Alopecia Areata in kindergarten. Then I had multiple large spots showing up and had to do topical creams and two rounds of oral steroids (first round only stopped the hair loss but didn't promote it). After that it didn't show up until 4th/5th grade. It went away after more topical creams and this happened again in middle school and freshman year of high school (that time had to do oral steroids again.) I am now a sophomore in college. Two days ago I noticed a small spot that seemed to be missing from the middle of the inner part of my eyebrow. I was confused but dismissed it. It wasn't until that night that i found a spot somewhat my ear almost an inch wide. I am really nervous because now I am thinking that it could also be alopecia on my eyebrow as well, but I have never had it there before and since the last time I had Alopecia Areata I have developed thyroid issues. Also have had a metal allergy and eczema for as long as I can remember. Anyone have similiar autoimmune issues? I am just worried this time it could be worse since I think it's on my face now :/

2. neencali

neencali Guest

Sorry you are going though this. My advice is to stay calm, see your doctor and do what worked before. I am one year into Alopecia Areata and as soon as one spot starts to fill in another one falls out. So frustrating.

I also have autoimmune hypo thyroid. My dr wants me to be gluten free because gluten can cause the attack on the thyroid to be worse. Gluten free is shown to help stop hair loss but it hasn't worked for me. Stress reduction seems to help a bit.

Best of luck and try not to panic. You have done this before and there is no reason to think it wont be like last time.

3. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi and welcome Toni!
    Sorry to hear your Alopecia Areata is back. Dont panic that you have lost a patch in your eyebrow, Alopecia Areata can do this, doesnt necessarily mean it will be worse this time around, stay calm and try to take one day at a time, hard I know but worrying about what might/might not happen is not going to help your well being
    Hugs
    Dancer