Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Haven't seen this post in a while, What's your occupation?

Discussion in 'Girl Talk!' started by littlenewo, Nov 30, 2010.

1. AAat39?

AAat39? Guest

Airline captain...

I am the second female person in my company that I know of to develop an alopecia issue in mid-life, so I am gathering it is fairly common. I notice wigs now more and more with co-workers. I would have NEVER noticed them pre-supplemental hair days.

2. cwoc

cwoc Guest

I'm a grad student (getting my MA), but I also teach introductory college courses.

3. Kamille

Kamille Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a translator too but not a freelance one. I translate technical texts about computer safety, and antivirus software. Dying Curls, being a translator can be VERY boring!

4. LeeLee

LeeLee Guest

I have noticed the same thing. I had to go to the dentist and noticed that one of the women there was definitely wearing a wig. I also noticed a woman from my town wears hair. Before my own hair loss, I never noticed her hair before. I would love to say something but would never since we are just acquaintances. I definitely pay more attention to others hair since I started to wear a topper myself. Before my hair loss, I rarely noticed anyone elses hair.
    Lee

5. LeeLee

LeeLee Guest

Oh forgot the original subject. I am a stay at home mom of my 3 young boys. Before that I was an HR Manager. Even though I love being with the kids, I loved my job and miss it.
    Lee

6. joshsmommy

joshsmommy Guest

degrees are in social work - found out you can't make much a living in this field unless you're willing to fire people - so now I do more of that than "helping" people

i'm an assistant ex dir at a non-profit

7. Katydid

Katydid Guest

I am a manager for Panera.

Working in a bakery, where you eat all you want for free, has it's advantages and disadvantages :whistle:

8. I am an EDI Business Analyst for a large seafood company in the Pacific Northwest. In my "spare" time I design collectable teddy bears that I sell through my website and shows across the US.

I used to have a brick-n-morter teddy bear store in Southern California but closed it back in 2003 after we had a big forest fire. Then I needed to get a real job again. :thumbdown2:

PnB

9. Vlal

Vlal Guest

PnB

I love that teddy bear pic you have on the avatar. :wub: :inlove: :wub: :inlove: Can you PM me your website details please?

Thank you

10. AAat39?

AAat39? Guest

11. sw33ti3

sw33ti3 Guest

I'm an Esthetician. I love what I do, but It's funny I spend all day helping women feel beautiful, & I don't always. I find the worst part about my job is doing mani's, We use a lamp on the tables to see what we're doing, it's adjustable, & is kinda high, so I'm forever adjustingit so it's not shining down on my head! That's the only reason I hate mani's!! :(

12. InaMay

InaMay Guest

I am an accountant.

13. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am a stay at home mom now but was a teacher. I hope to get back to teaching soon!