Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Having a hard time finding a unit to bond - Please help

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by 4Robins, Oct 12, 2015.

1. 4Robins

4Robins Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, can anyone give me some advice on what to look for?

I think I have to get a full lace or frontal lace wig?

I'm currently wearing a lace wig topper and my main issue with getting another (lace cap) one if that the hair parting doesn't look very natural. I'm always worried when someone is taller than me or when I'm sitting or leaning to look at my phone that someone might notice..

The other issue is the density, I had to literally pluck some hair with tweezers after looking on youtube :(

I'd like to order again from the site where I ordered the topper from, but I'm unsure because of this. It's really important for me that it looks natural.

Help please?

2. Bald eagle 1996

Bald eagle 1996 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I do not wear a wig or topper yet but I have been looking at flora wigs/toppers and they are really nice but expensive!! You should watch her videos and see how nice they look, they are made of real hair. The parts all looks natural to me.

3. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I may have posted to you before about this, hope I'm not being repetitive. I get my HH toppers through my stylist, who works exclusively with hair replacement clients. You may want to try a visit to someone in your area who has thus kind of business. There are no contracts involved and she does not charge for an initial consultation.

4. 4Robins

4Robins Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for your replies!

Bald eagle 1996, thank you but I can't afford a very expensive unit at the time :(

Lily, Don't worry. Unfortunately, here there is a lot less offer of these types of services and they tend to cost 3 times more. So, I'll have to find something myself, unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if it would be ok to post the link, the company who sold me my topper sent me, as lace wigs that can be bonded, so I can get your opinions? Please?

5. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Since you want to bond yourself have you tried Hair Direct?

6. 4Robins

4Robins Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have emailed them for information but they haven't replied yet.

Does anyone here use their hair?

7. 4Robins

4Robins Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the process of ordering my unit - finally found something that suits my situation :)

Now I'm looking for brands of non toxic, medical tape/glue.

I need something safe to use around my pet birds.

Does anyone know some brands I can contact?

Thanks in advance!

8. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have you joined wig support.com? They are very knowledgeable about tapes, glues etc

9. 4Robins

4Robins Member

Dislikes Received:
    I did Lily,

I posted the question there too. But no one answered :(

I also want to finalize my order but am unsure on what density to ask for. I have so many questions and just feel like I'm annoying everyone with my ignorance lol

10. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    There is a really steep learning curve with all of this, I don't bond and I've only ever played with wigs. I know I mentioned HairDirect before, and you said you were waiting for them to reply to an e-mail. I don't work for the company in any way, they have a forum and I found it really informative. They do have an adhesives section IIRC. They also sell DVD's to teach people how to bond themselves. If I were interested in bonding that is what I would do.

Sorry you aren't getting more help.

11. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think all tape has chemicals in, I am allergic to many of them and found reacted very badly to strong hold tapes . Red liner tape is a low bond tape, I found e bay the cheapest. You will also need tape release when you want to remove the wig, you need to let it soak in for a few minutes to work,. Before washing you need to remove all tape residue C22 solvent is good.

Another option for bonding on a daily basis is to use Got to be glued hair gel with their strong hold hairspray, this is no good for long term bonding though.

I know some people like the roll on glue but I never tried it

It is really trial and error what suits one person doesn't always work for another.

Hope this helps

12. kaliliak

kaliliak Member

Dislikes Received:
    I know the dissatisfaction. I started making my own hairpieces after buying so many wigs and finding nothing that was 'me'.

I don't know if you're very crafty, but it's one way to get exactly what you want without having to pay hundreds. I can't afford to spend more than a couple hundred on hair, so I learned how to sew my own. There are tutorials on youtube and I'm slowly building a blog showing how I make and care for my own.