Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Heat Protectant Spray?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by dragonfly, Feb 21, 2012.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Can anyone recommend a good heat protectant spray for using with a flat iron? I don't use it very often, only when I wash my fall or get caught in the rain, but using it makes me afraid I will damage the hair. I have no idea what to buy for protecting the hair, but hopefully you ladies will. Thanks :)

2. kerlin

kerlin Guest

Paul Mitchell's "Hot Off the Press" is excellent. It's very lightweight and does not build up. It's good to do a whole flat iron or just some quick touch ups.

3. JeHope

JeHope Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I use Tresemme Instant Heat Tamer spray. You can spray it on wet hair to protect against the blow dryer and dry hair for the straightener/curling iron. It doesn't make your hair greasy and it's only like $4!

4. MuttLover

MuttLover Guest

The Tresemme mousse I use has thermal protectant built into it. I really like it. Also, "It's a 10" leave in spray works as a detangler but also has the heat protection.

5. Bummer

Bummer Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    My "hair" vendor has been wearing a bonded hair piece for, I think, 5+ years. She uses a blow dryer, flat iron and curling iron and she swears by the Paul Mitchel Hot Off the Press.

I was looking into this for myself and read that a lot of people also liked the Tresemme heat protector (black bottle, red top).

So I guess I'm seconding the vote for both of those two.

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all of your replies. I think I'll give the Paul Mitchell a try :) .