Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hello Dolls! Checking in

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Distraughtshedder, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Distraughtshedder

Distraughtshedder Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've lost count of how far I am in this journey. Definitely been over a year now. I was on the board pretty regularly for a while keeping folks updated with my results.

I'm happy to say ... I'm still maintaining ☺. I think I have successfully weaned myself off of the rogaine. Its been about 2 months since I used it and I have not had an increase in shed. I now apply just the latisse (generic version) 2 to 3 times a week.

When I tried to stop the rogaine previously I started shedding within weeks.

Just wanted to say ... Keep your spirits up and maybe just maybe you won't have to use the rogaine forever

I have noticed an improvement in my skin since stopping... My pores look tighter.

Since folks always ask for pics when I pop in .... Just search my name and plenty should come up ☺

2. sheeny

sheeny Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey girl! That's awesome, so happy to hear!
    Also, that's amazing about the rogaine. I'd love to get to that point. How did you wean the rogaine?

3. Distraughtshedder

Distraughtshedder Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you Sheeny! How are things going for you?

I just started using it less and less ...when I ran out of the last bottle I crossed my fingers and said f*%$ it lol I think maybe because I use the latisse a couple times a week ...that it maintains my results. Since latisse prolongs the life cycle of the follicle.

In theory .... It should work for years .... Since the life cycle on hair on your scalp is 3-5 years. I'm no scientist lol but only time will tell .... I just wanted to get away from using the rogaine everyday ... I was definitely starting to see some changes in my skin. Nothing to drastic ... But enough to really consider if I wanted to use it "forever".

If I start shedding again I'd def use it though.

4. sheeny

sheeny Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    In actually doing well right now, thanks! However, it sure would be nice to stop the rogaine every day. Thanks for the check in- I wish continued success for you!

5. sarvnaz123

sarvnaz123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thats great! What was the cause of your hairloss? If it wasn't Androgenetic Alopecia, then I think you could go off Rogaine without seeing a change in your hair, but if the hair loss is Androgenetic Alopecia, you have to use it forever :(