Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

hello

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by cleopatra81, Nov 17, 2015.

1. cleopatra81

cleopatra81 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,
    I am a young woman of 34 years old. I have been suffering for chronic Talogen Effluvium since I was aprox 18.
    On april of this year I noticed a change of my hair that shocked me.All my hair become thin in all my head and I developed a lot of dermatitis.
    This one is struggle me as well as Androgenetic Alopecia and TEC and I am very worried. I had these horrible diagnoses and I don't know how to deal with.
    Anyway I started to use Minoxidil 5% 2 weeks ago so I will be up dating you. Does it really help? How I can see if it works? I loose more than 400 hair when I wash them so I don't know if I will be able to recognize more improvement with the shedding .I am sorry for my English,it is not my mother tongue.
    Keep in toch and thank you to accept me in the group.

2. JenVoy

JenVoy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Cleopatra,
    Typically when using rogaine it actually accelerates the hair follicles that are in resting stage and causes them to fall out...which is why it speeds up the hair loss. If you're already loosing a ton of hair, it will only make it worse. It's up to you whether you feel it's worth it to use rogaine to see if it helps with your Androgenetic Alopecia. You probably will not see regrowth for several months. There's also a good chance you won't see any regrowth at all. Some people rogaine works for, other's it doesn't work. It can also cause hair growth on places other than your head! Some women see hair growth on their face. So ultimately, it's up to you to see if it will truly work for you and if the positives outweigh the negatives!

So you were diagnosed with both Androgenetic Alopecia and Chronic Telogen effluvium? Who diagnosed you? A dermatologist? Doctor? I ask because I've found most doctors and dermatologists have no knowledge of hair loss and what causes hair loss. Have you had your Iron, ferritin level and Vitamin D levels checked? If not, I'd definitely ask your doctor to get a blood test to check those. Most of the women on this forum have had hair loss triggers like Birth control pills, surgery, medications, stress...and also have low iron, ferritin and Vitamin D.

3. cleopatra81

cleopatra81 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Jenvoy,
    thank you for answering me back.
    My diagnose of Androgenetic Alopecia and Chronic Talon Effluvium was done by a female dermatologist who also had Androgenetic Alopecia.
    She told me to use Rogaine and that it was going to work after an year if it works.Crossing fingers;otherwise I don't know what I can use.
    Iron, ferritin, vit.D were checked and they were ok. Vit D is a little bit low ( I have Fibromyalgia too )My tyroid is ok,I made some exams
    I had a cystoscopy with biopsy and this Androgenetic Alopecia started in that period or maybe few days before it,don't remember exactly but it come after many years of CTE.
    I am afraid that Rogaine will not help but I don't know what I could use more.Do you have any suggestions? This is struggling me.
    Unfortunately I have to take Lyrica due to Fibromyalgia and neuropathic pain.I don't know if it will make me loose more hair or not.
    Another dermatologist told me that I had only CTE and she gave to me Growing mimicking factor that didn't work but these thin hairs seems to me Androgenetic Alopecia like the other dermatologist told me.
    I also had chronic vaginal candida and I had to take Fluconazol for 40 days.
    Please help me.