Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Help :( Alternative To Hormonal Treatments Causing Oestrogens Dominancy And/or Water Retention??

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by SomeoneSad, Jan 24, 2020.

1. SomeoneSad

SomeoneSad New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi girls,

I have been suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia for some time now.
    In my case, I know it is androgens related, bc I tried a treatment which stopped my hairloss right away : Spironolactone + cyproterone acetate. I also know I have moderate PCOS. So, the androgen thing makes sense.

Pbm is, I gained a lot of weight, mostly water retention and cellulite. Even my face changed and after more than 2 years since I stopped all treatments, I still have a fat lower stomach and water retention... I guess it's the PCOS doing that. I also am pretty sure stopping treatments is what worsen my PCOS.

Anyway, I feel stuck since I know antiandrogens work on me but sides are awfull and I don't want to lose all control over my body.

Plus cypro has been mostly forbidden in Europe now, due to cases of meningiomas (pretty serious).
    I had already tried Diane 35 which gave me 7 kgs of water retention in approximately 5 months!

I am very sensitive to treatments and I guess to hormones in general, and I think that's why I have been losing my hair so brutally. I am really close to having to wear a piece, which I am very anxious about. I even stopped going out with my boyfriend, as I don't feel pretty anymore. I think my hair loss is worts than most cases even here, and I would be very grateful if anyone here had an idea about a treatment which would potentially spare me the sides I have been experiencing : weight gain and bloody water retention.

Does anyone can think about anything? Even topical? Or does anyone have experienced the same thing?

Thanks in advance

2. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have you tried natural way to reduce androgens? No carbs sugars etc?

3. SomeoneSad

SomeoneSad New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,

I don't eat lots of carbs but I guess I could not eat them at all and see what happens. Although, I don't think this would be enough to stop the hair loss, do you? I mean, Androcur is like super potent...
    What are the natural ways, in addition to cutting carbs and sugar?
    Thx

4. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    https://pcosdiva.com/

SomeoneSad likes this.
  5. SomeoneSad

SomeoneSad New Member

Dislikes Received:
  6. Usman Khalid

Usman Khalid New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Kindly use the glucose for it also because it may be help to reduce the alopecia facts

7. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    What?!?