Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Help - NIOXIN, rogaine,hair powder desperate for some advice.

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Fros, Oct 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Fros

Fros Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello,

On top of the hair loss in the past week my scalp is itchy and I get dandruff. I think it's because I stopped blow drying my hair and my scalp has always been sensitive and any change in my routine would result in dandruff.

But that's not why I am here. I am thinking of relaxing my normal shampoo with nioxin. But I think I read somewhere that it doesn't go well with rogsine.

Has anybody used it or these 2 products together ?

Also my thinning has increased on the crown and back head so I am thinking of using hair powder for thinning hair ... any commments or advice on where to get it online ?

My thinning started this year and this time lay year my hair was full and healthy so when I compare it to then I get really depressed what a difference a year can make (must have lost more that 50%) of my hair.

So don't know the tricks of making my hair look bette than it is or what products to use
    To try and save the few hair i so have

Please help ....

2. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Nioxin has no "medicine" in it, it is just normal shampoo and conditioner marketed to people with hair loss. Rogaine is actually a medicine, it used to be available by Rx only. You can use both together but if your scalp is so sensitive to change I would only introduce changes and new products slowly not all at once.

3. Fros

Fros Member

Dislikes Received:
    Ok then I will go with rogaine first and see how that goes !! My scalp is s sensitive that I can't even use hairspray anymore. If I use my scalp feels as if it has been scratched and it's full of wounds with feel like are burning but my scalp in reality shows nothing ... is nol even red it just looks normal.

Thank you !

4. Geslina

Geslina New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I buy Toppix hair fiber powder at Ulta, you can get it on Amazon too. It conceals the scalp and adds some volume. You need to use a color that is similar to the color of your hair at the roots for the best effect. I also tried Joan Rivers Great Hair Day powder from QVC, but the blonde color is a little reddish on me, and I find it's not as easy to apply as the Toppix.

I also cut my hair short, with longer layers on top. I find it's the best style for thin hair.