Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hi all

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed Alopecians' started by juliecaryl, Jul 15, 2010.

1. juliecaryl

juliecaryl Guest

Hi all

I have just recently been diagnosed.......about 6 weeks ago...wish i found this forum sooner
    I was first told i have Alopecia Areata......but my hair loss is very bad at the moment and been back to the doctors today (my doctor has alopecia) so it is easier to talk to him about it....and he says now he is 90% sure i have Alopecia Universalis....

I am now loosing hair on my legs, arm pits and other areas.....

I have lost nearly 80% of my left side of head and now the right side is falling out ......

Any help and advise would be great

I am so down at the moment and finding this forum has cheered me up

thank all
    Julie xxxxxxxxxxx

2. Alliegator

Alliegator Guest

Welcome!! I think you will find this site very helpful and supportive. I sure have! I found this site about 8 years too late. There are many women on here who know exactly what you are going through.

3. juliecaryl

juliecaryl Guest

Thank you x

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Julie-

I have Androgenetic Alopecia and not Alopecia Areata but hair loss of any kind is horrible to deal with. Hopefully yours will grow back but there are some good cosmetic options out there. Having nice looking hair even if it didn't grow on my head has helped immensely.

5. juliecaryl

juliecaryl Guest

Thank you Deede xxx

6. littlenewo

littlenewo Guest

Julie-
    Welcome! I have Alopecia Areata as well and have used this site since November or so of last year. It is a great resource and a rock when you really need support. I would recommend you browse through old posts under the alopecia areata and universalis community boards. That really helped me when I was first figuring things out. Also, Joanne, the moderator is a great wealth of information and she too has universalis. I would contact her for sure! Welcome again and best of luck :)

7. juliecaryl

juliecaryl Guest

thank you very much and i will get in contact with Joanne xxxx