Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hi, I Am Monique. I Have Alopecia Universalis.

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Monique A, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Monique A

Monique A New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi ladies, I am Monique, I have alopecia universalis, no hair anywhere on my head or body. I have had Alopecia Universalis for years. I am married to a great guy who likes my bald look, and I have a daughter and stepdaughter. I live in a large metropolitan area in the American midwest.

How many of you women are bald with Alopecia Universalis or AT?

Having alopecia universalis is not a problem for me. I prefer wearing headscarves to wearing wigs. Headscarves are more comfortable. There are so many fashionable ways to wrap a headscarf as well.

Usually when I am out in public I wear headscarves, although on occasion when I go out with my husband in public, I will wear the bald look. I like wearing long dangle earrings to compliment either my bald look or my headscarfed look, along with my makeup and wearing a feminine dress or skirt and blouse, etc.. I like looking and feeling feminine and fashionable.
    At any rate, take care ladies, and thanks to the people who have this forum.

#1 Monique A, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    TinaM1968 likes this.
  2. Iyyi

Iyyi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Monique! So how long since you were diagnosed with alopecia universalis? You hair never grow back since then? In my case, I had loss my hair so quickly. In a span of 4 months. My hair in my body, stopped growing too but still I can see hairs. May head, I see a lot of white baby hairs growing. I prefers wearing wig though .Thank you for sharing your story in this forum.

3. Monique A

Monique A New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi lyyi.
    Thanks for your nice reply.
    I have been bald with Alopecia Universalis since I was a child, for almost 25 years. I doubt my hair will grow after that many years, and I like the way I am.

Years ago I learned about bald women who were fashion models, actresses, female singers in rock bands, etc..

I liked the first star trek movie that had a beautiful bald woman in it whose name was Persis Khambatta, who played the role of Ilia in the movie, and she looked beautiful wearing her bald look. She had a guy in the movie that she dated named Decker.
    Persis Khambatta in real life had won a beauty contest, she was Miss India one year, some years ago. She was inspirational to many bald females.
    How long have you been bald?
    Take care lyyi.

4. Iyyi

Iyyi Member

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve been bald for around 3 months now but I am seeing hair that growing. I really your positive outlook in life. God bless you more!

Monique A likes this.
  5. Monique A

Monique A New Member

Dislikes Received:
    thanks lyyi. Best to ya. Take care...