Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Histogen is planning an all-female study in the US

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Discoveries' started by Nilli57211, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Nilli57211

Nilli57211 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/88128-Histogen-Update-Oct-22-2014-Presentation

Around 4:50 or so, she talks about how they are planning the first female study in the US. It is definitely good news that they have started talking publicly about this, as it means that the wheels are in motion. The only part that bothers me is that they don't seem to have a date locked down. Considering that these trials already take so long and delays are common, I would be much happier if they had definite plans and a definite date.

I also wish they would have spoken of plans to do the female study internationally as well. They have been able to get through the male trial so quickly, because they aren't having to deal with the red tape with the FDA.

I guess it could potentially be good news for those of us in the US in a way, because we could more easily be a part of the trials. I would be happy to be a part of a Phase II trial - it has already shown itself to be safe in men, and this way I would get the treatment without having to wait a decade for it to be approved. I would be willing to travel anywhere in the country for this.

But I feel like someone should be trying to do something to push them to work on international female trials too, so that this treatment can really be available to women within the next 5 years FOR REAL. I have tried to start a few threads to raise support for female trials here, but with very few responses. I feel like we should be bombarding them with emails about starting female trials in other countries and contacting people with the finances and resources to invest in this, so that they will have the money to do it.

I have seen pictures where Histogen's treatment really worked wonders in women with Androgenetic Alopecia. It is now a matter of just making the treatment available, and I feel like since we all REALLY want our hair back, we should be doing everything possible to make it happen as soon as possible!

2. Noalani

Noalani Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for sharing this. What incredible results that 38-year-old female subject had with her temporal recession! I, too, would gladly be part of a female phase 1 trial. According to the speaker, this works with all ages and all parts of the scalp and has a strong safety profile. It is frustrating when you realize that scientists/doctors are out there working on hair loss treatments that show such promise and yet it's taking forever to get to the marketplace. Aaargh! So, who do we bombard with emails and inquiries about female trials??

3. Oliviab

Oliviab New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Arghhh I wish they had these in Australia!