Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hopeless 17 Year-old: Hair Loss And White Hair

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by CarolinaDR, May 19, 2019.

1. CarolinaDR

CarolinaDR New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone,
    I’m 17 years old and I already have quite a hair story.

I noticed my first white hair at 16, but since it was quite long it was probably there since I was 15.

More white hairs started appearing and, at the same time, I noticed tremendous hair loss and even change in texture.

My hair used to be shiny and had a slight wave at the bottom and now it looks as it has no protein and worse elasticity being completely flat.

This hair changes are very scary. I not only have hair loss but also white hair.

I always had seborrhoea dermatitis but I don’t think it is a cause because in my case the symptoms are not very noticeable besides having a sensitive scalp.
    It also looks as if I have no hormones or tiroid problems.
    My recent blood test showed no anemia and low ferritin levels (8mg).

Do you think this could have been the cause? Are the white hairs and hair loss reversible in my case?

I’m so hopeless. I treat my hair decently well with no heat styling or strong hair dyes. I’m disappointed this is happening to me and sad about my appearance.

2. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Could be from iron also zinc. Have you had any tests done like zinc copper ect?

3. CarolinaDR

CarolinaDR New Member

Dislikes Received:
    No. I got tested mostly for ferritin.

4. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Low Zinc copper melatonin ect can cause color loss really hard to say what the hairloss is from without testing. Sex hormones minerals vitamins thyroid ect

5. CarolinaDR

CarolinaDR New Member

Dislikes Received:
    My thyroid was fine last time I checked.

6. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would

I would have hormones checked. That sounds like what happens during peri-menopause or menopause. Are you on birth control? If it happens to be hormone related or even early menopause, you could take hormone replacement. It’s not dangerous to take it. There is new research that shows it’s not dangerous. Birth control controls how much hormone is in your body. It takes over and actually lowers estrogen and progesterone. HRT gives hormones on top of what you have. Good luck!

7. CarolinaDR

CarolinaDR New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Menopause? I’m 17.