Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

How are the Androgenetic Alopecia girls doing?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by mvgirl, Nov 5, 2015.

1. mvgirl

mvgirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I myself have my occasional high and many lows ... I think I went through a seasional fall shed on top of Androgenetic Alopecia just now so the shower drain had more hairs than what I like. Sigh. Please check in and let us know how you are coping! Xo

2. nat123

nat123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Crap to be honest, I always hope that my hair will make a miraculous recovery!!! Wishful thinking. I am also scared of the future and not enjoying life like I should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Crap to be honest, I always hope that my hair will make a miraculous recovery!!! Wishful thinking. I am also scared of the future and not enjoying life like I should be.

3. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Not much Androgenetic Alopecia discussion here these days - I think everybody here knows I gave up treatment 8 yrs ago and now wear hair.

4. Tinker

Tinker New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for asking mvgirl. I'm not doing that great and hiding out at home until I can find hair. The dentist noticed, everybody notices my hair. It's like chemo all over again.
    So, the enchantop might be the hair for me. After watching every video online and visiting a wig shop twice, and 10 pages of notes, it's about time to find a stylist for a consult. Not sure how to go about this so I'm going to be reading more here.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

5. mvgirl

mvgirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    When does one know when to get supplemental hair? My crown coverage is not great at all. Even with toppik. And we all know people won't say a thing to you. They just look and you notice. :-/

6. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I knew it was time when I took a selfie of the top of my head, with Toppik. I read a post here about a woman who made the leap to wearing hair and knew that was my next step. Nothing else had worked, or at least worked enough. My first stylist was okay, but after she moved I hit the jackpot with my current one. She has dealt exclusively with hair replacement clients - men, women, children - for over 20 yrs. I knew I had made the right decision when some time later a friend asked me what to advise her daughter who was losing hair - "your hair used to be thin and now looks great." So people did notice...

7. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I keep treating even though I usually wear hair. I want to be able to do some things Alopecia Universalis natural, as it were. Volunteering in an animal shelter is not a great place to wear clip on hair!