Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

How can I wash just the bangs

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by dragonfly, Dec 10, 2010.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi ladies,
    Question: The bangs on my fall get greasy and need washed long before the entire piece needs washed. Given that I don't want to wash the whole piece any more often than is absolutely necessary, do you have any suggestions on how to just wash the bangs?

2. Hennared

Hennared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I do this on my lace pcs all the time. Just clip the rest back and use .. er, um. OK, I guess you might not have one of those kitchen sink mounted little sprayers? That's what I use, as I can control the flow directionally. Besides, if you only put shampoo on the bang part, even if the rest gets a little wet, it isn't going through the added strain of detergent.

You also might try diluting some baking soda in water as a 'shampoo' - not as harsh as shampoo and removes oil.

3. rosalita

rosalita Member

Dislikes Received:
    You could try brushing through some dry shampoo?

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, HR, I do have one of those sprayers so that will work. When you wash your bangs, do you also put conditioner on them?

5. em212

em212 Guest

When this happens to me, I just put the piece on and put it up in a pony tail. Then I stick my head under the sink faucet, and wash and condition the bangs (just lather the shampoo in your hands and run it gently over the bags a few times from top to bottom (use your forefingers for the front and the thumb for the back/underside), rinse and do the same thing with the conditoner)...I prefer to do this in the bathroom so i can actually look up and see that I've fully covered the area i want washed...then I gently pat them dry with a wash cloth, comb them, and style them with the hair dryer...takes about 10 minutes total...if any longer pieces fall forward and get wet, just dry them up with the blower as well...