Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

How did you know?

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by janee807, Feb 2, 2010.

1. janee807

janee807 Guest

Lauttie, love the Topaz, very sophisticated and it looks like you could have fun with it, really play with it for several different looks.

Where is everyone finding the "no slip grip", RW??

dragonfly--I have thought about the changing style thing quite a bit. Not having taken the plunge yet part of me wants to fool everyone yet part of me feels since I'm taking this plunge I should have some fun too especially since I've never got to have hair fun. I've spent years people watching and doing the hair envy thing; now at 52 I could be the one with hair people envy. Cool!

I've seen different sites mentioned and different makers, thanks everyone for sharing things like that. I've only ordered from e-wigs which was a good experience and I have one on the way from wigs.com though it has taken quite some time to get here, in fact it has been a week and it hasn't even shipped yet. I was hoping to have it for the shave but I'll probably be walking out with my Estetica Designs Evette. Voguewigs looks good.

Phoenix, hope the rest of your day went as well as the first part.

2. janee807

janee807 Guest

My Henry Margu just showed up and just this morning Wigs.com said it had not yet even shipped. It was the wig I wanted for later this week! I am so happy!!!!!!!

3. Thank you everyone for the support today. It really is nice to know that you guys are out there thinking about me. I haven't had one negative comment or look today. A lot of nice comments.

The funniest one came from my oldest son (27 yrs old). He works for the same company that I do, in a different department. So I stopped by to see him this morning and he said: "Wow, Mom. You look so different. You look so good." LOL! I whispered in his ear about the wig and he said: "You can't even tell. Well I'm glad that you did it. You really look fantastic."

One funny thing about today. I probably stopped by the ladies room at least 15 times. I keep checking in the mirror to make sure the wig is still looking like it should. But I have to tell you. Everytime I look I'm a little bit shocked when I see myself. In a good way. :)

Thanks again everyone. Only a few more hours left here, and I think I'm going to make it through my first day!!

Well, I'm off to the ladies room for another peek.

Phoenix

4. What do you think of the Henry Margu? I have two of them on order and am wondering about the quality, etc. I'd really be interested to know how it compares to others that you've seen. Henry Margu is supposed to be a better quality. At least that's what I've heard.

5. janee807

janee807 Guest

Phoenix--what a great day! What a great son! I would have done the mirror thing too. Even with my cheap, trial wigs I was doing that and even with them I thought, "Man, I look GOOD!" I am so happy for you.

I'll let you know about the Margu once I have a good look at it. That may be later this week but I promise to write.

Thanks so much for sharing and continued happiness!!!

6. tique706

tique706 Guest

Phoenix,
    I'm so happy for you, you went over a huge thresh hold today. Now you can just relax and have fun with it. So glad for you that you had your husband this morning for the moral support that you needed to take the big step. What a sweet son you have for telling you how nice you look. You must feel great right now :)

7. Lauttie

Lauttie Guest

Yay for Pheonix_Seven! And a YAY for your hubby too! Have fun with that mirror! It's soooo much better now! :woot:

Janee, So glad you received the wig even thought they said that it hadn't shipped.

The Rachel Welch(RW) with the no-slip grip is also known as "Sheer Indulgence Collection". I saw the brochure at the store in town and they had great pictures with the features of the scap construction. I haven't seen the brochure on-line however, which is a bit frustrating.

I looked at a revlon cap, and a couple of them have a no slip grip, but they sew the hair into the under side of the ear tab and that drives me nuts. Too itchy!

So, are you gals going to post your pictures? :woot: It would be grate to see them! I'm so happy for you both!

8. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Lauttie - I looked up the Topaz today and I really like it. The one I have is cut in that same style only it's more chin length and it's synthetic. Can you tell me about the quality of the hair? I've not had a HH wig yet, so am just wondering. Also, the cap comes in average. I'm a petite but I can make an average work if it is adjustable. Is that cap adjustable? There isn't as many options in the petite cap, so I usually go with the average and adjust it down. Thanks in advance for the info :) .

Dragonfly

9. Dragonfly,

My two Henry Margu's are going to be delivered today. I'll let you know about the hair quality and adjusting the size.

When I went to the wig store, the Henry Margu wigs looked really nice, which is why I ordered that brand. Also the lady in the wig store told me that the Henry Margu tends to be a higher quality synthetic wig. I also read that online.

But seeing is believing. I'll give you my unbiased opinion after I give them a try.

Phoenix

10. Oh, wait a minute dragon fly!! You said HH (human hair), and I thought you said HM (Henry Margu).

So what I said above ... nevermind! :crazy:

Phoenix

11. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, Phoenix. But I'm still wondering about the hair quality of the Topaz and if the cap is adjustable :) .

12. Lauttie

Lauttie Guest

I assume the hair quality is that of my other Loius Ferre wig and it's fabulous! Very soft. I'll let you know when I get my "Topaz" which should be either tomorrow or Thursday. They are in California and I'm in Washington. They shipped yesterday and it should be quick.

The wig that I'm wearing in my picture here is one that I purchased in October (Loius Ferre "Diamond:"). The "Topaz" has the same cap construction as the Diamond but it is shorter (I will need that for summer). I was chicken though and bought it in the same color. Next time I'l be a little more adventurous.

The cap is adjustable with a strap. Watch the WigTV video to see the wig as it comes out of the box and the cap construction.

http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?ma ... ts_id=1410

I love the wigs.com videos! They give you so much more information by which to judge if your purchase will work for you. According to wigs.com it is a petite/Average cap. Which works really well for me.

13. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks so much for the info. I'm thinking very seriously about ordering Topaz. It is a beautiful wig and such a classic style. I'll be anxious to hear how you like yours when you get it.

14. Dragonfly,

I just looked up the Topaz. That really is beautiful. I love that bob look. I'll bet it's going to look fantastic. A very sophisticated and feminine look to it.

I also wanted to tell you that I've changed my opinion on women over 50 wearing longer wigs. My Henry Margu wigs were delivered last night. One is a very short wig (had to send it back because of wrong color), and the other one is a longish, shoulder length wig (my husband asked me to order it ... what can I say?).

So when I tried the long wig on, it looked awesome! It knocked 20 years off my age. Once I saw that I immediately turned around and ordered a bob from Henry Margu. I really like Margu wigs. So I ordered the Colette. Still shorter, but it's over the ear.

I've had very short hair for years and years. So this is significant for me. I don't want to show up at work with hair that's suddenly down to my shoulders, so I'm going to slowly "grow in to it". This is step 1.

I am so loving my new life with wigs. I should have done this years ago.

Phoenix

15. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Phoenix - I am so glad that you are so happy about your wigs. My hair has always been a little longer than chin length. However, in the last few years I've been wearing it shorter and shorter due to the thinning. When I first put on my chin length wig I thought WOW! That's what I used to look like only better! The next one I get is going to be even a bit longer, I'm thinking collar bone length. I'll probably do the same as you and "grow into it" before I wear it to work. On the other hand, if it looks really hot I'M WEARING IT!! I didn't realize how much I missed having hair that moved and that I could feel on my skin. I've had to use so much hairspray on my bio hair the last few years to keep all the thin spots covered. This is soooo liberating. Maybe I'll get brave and post pics. The problem is that I am NOT at all photogenic. I'm going to check out Henry Margu.

16. Lauttie

Lauttie Guest

Dragonfly,
    I'll post pics when I get it; the pics help p. I didn't get it today, so I'm still waiting.

Phoenix,
    The Collette is very glamorous! When you get it can you take a picture of the inside of the cap so that we can see the cap construction? I've not seen the inside of this brand. Are they all the same cap construction?

You say you should have done this years ago. :agree: I should have too!

17. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Phoenix - The Collette is very nice. We seem to have very similar tastes in hair styles. I'd also love to see a pic of the inside when you get it.

18. janee807

janee807 Guest

I love how everyone here talks about their wigs; the quality, style, how much they like them or don't. That is so important to me and has helped me immensely. I went to wearing a wig permanently on March 4th when I had my hairdresser shave my head. I could not have asked for a kinder or more thoughtful lady to do the job.

Anyway, I have been having great difficulty finding a wig that is "me". I have Henry Margu's Danielle on right now. The color, "8", is gorgeous. The cut is cute. The top is a bit wiggy but not too awful much. It doesn't hold it's body well, tends to mash down and needs to be "fluffed" quite a bit. The fit is beyond my wildest dreams; it is a suction cup on my head. That was amazing to me.

I've ordered a few more but have had a tough time finding mid-length, wavy/curly, medium brown, with bangs. Does anyone know when new styles generally come out? I think I've gone through everything out there right now.

Anyway, thanks everyone for sharing their wig stories; they are invaluable.

19. Nice to hear from you again, Janee807! You seem to have made the transition well! :bravo:

I hadn't heard from you for a few days so was wondering how you were doing. I know you've got a lot going on. Hope all is well with you.

I found that this site has the newest styles and the best prices. Here's a new medium length curly that you might like:

http://www.namebrandwigs.com/pages/wigs ... 2437.shtml

I haven't received my first order from them yet, so I can't give you a thumbs up for their service and reliability. But I only ordered from them last week, so I'll let you know when it arrives.

Hope this helps!

Phoenix

20. janee807

janee807 Guest

Hi Phoenix! Let me know when that first order arrives. So far I have ordered from e-wigs, wowwigs, and vogue. All seem to be about the same. I myself seem to be the worst wig chooser in the world and I hope, or perhaps that would be mean to hope, that I'm not the only wig chooser impaired person out there.

I looked at the Savannah from your post and I must say, it is very, very cute. I will definitely think about that one. I just ordered the Stephanie by Louis Ferre and I'm looking at Devin by Tony of Beverly. I have Henry Margu's Danielle which is the only one I truly have to wear. I received today Alan Eaton's Enchanting because I quickly needed a heat resistant wig. Here I goofed again, I should have gone with color over style. It was the only style of the heat resistant that even came close so I ordered it but the color, the best of the choices, is so wrong for me. The Henry Margu Allison is the closet to my real hair style so I did order it because I am now desperate but I'm afraid it will be too poofy though I am hopeful. I was out of money two wigs ago so I hope for success soon.

I must say that despite my failures it is FUN, FUN, FUN to get that wig box at my front door.

Thanks for helping me out; that was very thoughtful of you. Also the site you gave me had a LOT more wig choices than the three sites I had been using. That was a wonderful find! Thanks!