Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

How Do I "come Out" About Hair Loss To My New Husband?

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Universalis & Totalis' started by hairlosssurvivor, Sep 10, 2018.

1. hairlosssurvivor

hairlosssurvivor New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello!

This is my first ever post. I've had alopecia for almost four years and at times feel like I'm happy and in control of the condition and at other times, still feel like my whole world is falling apart.

My biggest issue is that my husband doesn't know. I have an amazing solution (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post company names here in case it seems like advertising?) that means that only a handful of my closest friends and family know about my hair loss. I actually went from my hair to a hair replacement system in a day and no one noticed. It means that I can continue to go about my life exactly as before but every so often, the fact that I haven't told my husband feels overwhelming.

We only got married six weeks ago and he's wonderful and loving and supportive and knows i "have issues with my hair" but doesn't know the extent. I'm terrified of telling him, I'm scared of becoming unattractive in his eyes and also feeling vulnerable and exposed and like I can no longer be attractive once I know he knows.

Has anyone had this? How did you manage to "come out"? I know I should just sit him down and have a frank discussion but I honestly don't know if I'll ever have the guts to do this so would love to hear people's stories.

Thanks

2. mem0307

mem0307 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    What system are you using?

Farrah711 likes this.