Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

How do I make topper/fall look natural -no front hairline...

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by TG, Oct 22, 2010.

1. TG

TG Guest

I have seen some gorgeous pics of people wearing their toppers on this site, but every one I have seen has people who are using their own hairline and integrating it. (please direct me to others if I am wrong) What can be done for someone like me who has no hairline? The toppers I have tried have terrible fringes in them and they sit out funny off my face and are very easily blown up/apart to reveal bald, shiny scalp.

Is there anyone on here that has this problem, and if you could post pics of how you wear the topper and what it looks like, that would be an amazing help to me.

I have been talking to Flora, but as I am overseas, to purchase an illusion fall she understandably requires payment upfront and is not refundable (not sure if I can 'swap' it or not, but it becomes an expensive exercise posting back and forth too). Given that the piece I am looking at is about $4000, this makes me nervous as I can't try it first and if it doesn't work its effectively a small car or overseas holiday down the drain.

If I knew it would work I would take out a loan and pay double that, as I am only just in my 30's and its about time I stopped hiding because of my baldness, and the cheap toppers I have tried are rubbish. I am running out of time too as I wanted to transition early December when I move to a new town (I am transitioning from baby-fine, fuzzy and almost colourless hair that is disguised - and not very well disguised - by hair fibres, to a topper so it will be noticeable).

Thanks for your help.

2. Beliza

Beliza Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have the same problem. Flora's pieces can be returned within 48 hours, but shipping to Europe is about $200 for her pieces, and postage won't be refunded outside of the EU. If I would have to ship a piece back and forth twice for alterations, I'd better buy a plane ticket and visit. I'm now in between saving up for higher insurance to be able to afford a more expensive piece, or saving up even more and visit. The shipping process freaks me out, I have done a lot of overseas purchases this year with lots of delays and returns. I hope we can find a solution to this problem!

I did wear a topper without using my hairline, but I wore bangs; will pm you a pic :).

3. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    I also have a flora fall, and do not use my hairline. I will pm you a couple of pics.

4. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    just got them sent

let me know if you didn't get them

5. TG,

I just sent you a PM, however I forgot to mention a couple of things. To help make a more natural looking front hairlline you can request to have underventing added. That means that they add little hairs to the underside of the front edge so it helps camoflauge the edge.

Also, you should inquire about having a small lace front added. Even with as little as an 1/8th of an inch front lace will go a long way to make the hairline invisible.

I hope this helps..
    PnB

6. sparrow

sparrow Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Peanut -

Does your Flora topper (on the other thread) have underventing and lace? I wasn't sure if she offered those 2 things.