Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

How long to dry

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by dragonfly, Jun 27, 2010.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm working up the nerve to wash my fall for the first time. I've had it two months now, and it just isn't as soft as it was, but other than that it still looks pretty good. I may wait until next weekend. Anyway, my question is how long does it take it to dry? for example, if I wash it on a week night after work will it be dry by early the next morning?

2. Sarah2010

Sarah2010 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi
    I have a topper (synthetic hair) and it's pretty quick to dry. Easily, it dries overnight. I washed it during the day recently and it didn't take long (a few hours) to be completely dry.
    Sarah

3. Eztli

Eztli Guest

My Flora takes a good 24 hours to dry, maybe longer. I do however, not transfer it to a dry wig head after i wash it (as you are supposed to). Also, its VERY thick and its curly, if that has anything to do with it. I imagine drying times depend on the length and density of your piece.
    I have never done it, but maybe you could use a blow drier to speed things up a little bit if you need it to be done overnight?

4. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I wash my HH topper about every 10 days to two weeks, depending on how I wear it, hair spray etc. I have two toppers which I rotate - one is clean which I wear when I want to look nice and the other is "dirty" which I wear to walk in, yoga, etc. When I wash the dirty one, I set it in velcro rollers - dries overnight and I begin the rotation all over again.

5. aed1127

aed1127 Guest

My Flora dries in about four hours. Wash it on a styrofoam head and transfer it to a dry head to let it dry. You can let it dry about 85 - 90% of the way and finish / style with a hair dryer.

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all your replies, ladies. I was going to wash her tonight but decided to wait until the weekend as I have no idea what she'll look like in the morning, and how much styling I'll have to do. I'm kind of nervous about it, but I know she needs washed as she just isn't looking as soft and pretty as when I got her. I don't know if the body the hair has will remain, or if it will be really straight. I've never had hair like this before so I have no idea what to expect.

7. Jubilee

Jubilee Guest

good luck! I'm sure I would be feeling the same way. I can't believe it's already been two months since you got your hair!

8. I'm sure the body will remain.... The fall Flora sent me had no body - and there is a significant difference in the one I recieved and the pics of yours....

9. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have to say that this one has been pretty amazing. It's been 2 months today since I got it, and have not done anything to it other than use the curling iron on the layers around my face a couple of times. It has held the body and has remained bouncy and full. I didn't know hair could be like this :) .

10. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I hate washing my topper because it looks like a dead rat when it is wet. And I panic. But I use a moisturizing shampoo and put mositurizing conditioner on before combing it out- then rinse off conditioner. I also use a little leave in spray on conditioner and also some heat protection spray before I blow dry it. I let it dry for about two hours or so till it is about 80% dry and then use a blow dried to get it to curl under, as well as an Instyler sometimes or flat iron. I try not to use the hot stuff very often to protect the hair.

11. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't washed mine yet, but she told me that if I washed it in the evening it would be dry the next day. :dunno:

She also suggested specific products...not sure if you got that low down on those. She suggested
    *Joico for shampoo and conditioner
    *adding a bit of leave in conditioner
    *then adding Bain de Terre Rise and Shine volumizing mousse

good luck!