Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

how often do you wash and what shampoo?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by m83, Feb 25, 2012.

1. m83

m83 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    For those of you ladies with Androgenetic Alopecia, how often do you wash your hair? I've heard that a daily wash is good but since I've been on Spironolactone I haven't really felt that my hair gets greasy until about the 3rd day, so I've started washing every other day or even every 2 days. The question is - would it still be better to wash daily?

When you do wash your hair, what shampoo do you use? currently I rotate between Nizoral and Neutrogena T/Gel shampoo (with coal tar). They seem to cause the least amount of shed for me, and I'm too scared to go back to traditional shampoos because I associate them (perhaps incorrectly) with massive shedding and scalp irritation. Finally, what conditioner do you use? I just condition the very ends of my hair with Mane n tail. The only reason I use it is because it's what my husband uses so we always have a supply of it on hand. I sometimes use apple cider vinegar too.

Honestly, It's pretty hard to get motivated about a proper hair care regimen because my hair looks pretty hideous no matter what I do. But just wondering if you ladies had any tips about any of this stuff.

2. m83

m83 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    oops, just realized there is a very similar topic on the Concealers & Hair Volumizing Techniques forum. My apologies!

3. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I use Bumble and Bumble thickening shampoo and conditioner. For styling I use John Frieda mousse in volumizing.