Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

How To Maintain Hair During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Conikki, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Conikki

Conikki New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello, I have been away from this forum for several years, but it was my solace for many years when I first started suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia at age 17. I am now 35 years old and I want to have a baby and I am desperately fearful of what this will mean for my hair.

Up to this point I have luckily been able to maintain most of my hair through a strict regimen provided by Dr Redmond. 200mg aldactone, Sprintec, 2.5mg finasteride, .075mg estradiol patch, rogaine and .88mcg levoxyl.

I know I must stop everything except my levoxyl. Does anyone have any experience with maintaining their hair while trying to conceive and while pregnant.? I’m wondering if there is something I can do to help my chances such as a natural regimen or even the best way to stop these meds, all at once or phased out.

Any help or tips is greatly appreciated. Thank you,

TinaM1968 likes this.
  2. jesica roy

jesica roy New Member

Dislikes Received:
    During pregnancy you need to keep in mind the following in order to take care of hair.
    1.warm oil: when you massage your scalp, the blood circulation in the scalp will help to Increase the growth of hair.
    2.combing: always use a wide-toothed comb when you comb your hair.
    3.trim your hair: trim your hair regularly to avoid getting split ends.
    4.use herbal shampoo and conditioner : wash your hair at least two times in a week with a mild shampoo or a herbal product.
    5.understand your hair quality:always make sure that you understand your hair type use products that are specifically created for a particular hair type.
    6.eat a balances meal:whatever you consume will help nurture your baby and it's must that you consume food that's rich in vitamins,minerals, etc.
    7.do not stress:too much stress is not good for your mental and physical health.and especially during pregnancy,stress is one of the important factors that causes hair loss.

3. JeHope

JeHope Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Just came across your post. I’m never on here anymore, but just had a baby and had to go off my hair loss regimen to get pregnant. I was on 200 mg spironolactone, rogaine, and birth control. I went off Spironolactone and birth control at the same time, and stayed on rogaine until I got pregnant. It took me about 3 months to get pregnant and my hair loss didn’t increase. While pregnant, my hair barely fell out. It got so thick!

I’m now 5 months postpartum and my hair is pouring out. But I’m ok! My hair is so thick so I can lose some. And I’ll go back on rogaine when I stop breastfeeding. Good luck!