Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

How to position clip in topper? Specifically EasiPart-clipping at hair line?

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by CKingAnswers, Jan 29, 2014.

1. CKingAnswers

CKingAnswers Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    So I just got my first topper in the mail today. It's the synthetic EasiPart by EasiHair:

http://www.easihair.com/hair-extensions/easipart/easipart-hd

My hairloss is on the top of my head. Very wide part. I have been using concealers like Toppik and Joan Rivers GHD for years. I am sick of applying and sick of the dusty mess so thought I'd give a topper a try.

Any advice on how to position it on my head? It's a clip in topper. It's a small base, it's made to fill in the part-to make the part look fuller. So it's a small base- 5x2.75 inches. It has 4 pressure clips- one at the front, back, and each side. I am having issues positioning it right at the front. Even if I get it clipped to a decent position, it looks like the monofilament base shows. There's like an over hang of the base after the clip and it looks like it sticks out, like an edge. Maybe I just need to practice at clipping it in and styling?

2. Emiily

Emiily Guest

The best advice I can give is have a professional salon fit it for you and show you how it is done.

3. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    In my own experience (I've had semi and custom toppers) it helps to wear bangs to cover the topper edge at the forehead.

4. poppy1207

poppy1207 Guest

hello :)
    my easipart has arrived today and i wondered if you had managed to sort your issues with it CKingAnswers?

5. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Mine have bangs also.

6. CKingAnswers

CKingAnswers Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi- yes, I just had to play around with it and experiment. Depending on where you want to part your hair, you can place the topper kind of cockeyed on your head, or diagonal across your head. Just have to find the best place to clip...where you have some hair for the clips. It also helps to tease your hair a bit where you will clip, and/or spray some hair spray on that spot- so the clips have more to grip to, more texture (especially with my hair type- which is fine and slippery!). As for the front tip where I felt that the rim of the base showed- unfortunately I think it's either just the way the piece is made, or mine may have been defective...but from what I have researched and learned, it's just the way the Easipart is. If you have this problem also- if you have a decent amount of front bio hair at your hairline then you can probably style to hide the rim. Otherwise, it helps to put some type of concealer on the rim so it blends with your hair- Dermmatch, Joan Rivers, eye shadow...
    If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me! I am actually not wearing the Easipart any more. I got a new one- by Jon Renau- same maker as the Easipart- it's very similar, but a a bigger base and more hair.

7. poppy1207

poppy1207 Guest

thank you for replying :) i sent it back :( i couldn't get it to look 'right' and i didn't want to risk trimming it and ruining it (plus it was way too dark to blend in with my own hair). i was very wary of the clips and how much damage they could do to my hair as the front clip area is where i am most thinning at the moment.
    i've decided to hang on until i've managed to see a dermatologist to try to find the cause before i spend any more money (unless i end up waiting ages for an appointment).
    i'm glad to hear things are going well with your new topper :)