Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

How to stop fabric headbands from sliding

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Em374, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Em374

Em374 Guest

One of my favorite ways to handle the thinning in the bang area is to wear a wide, fabric headband/ head wrap. I find these comfortable and attractive and like that I can still wear my glasses with them. My only issue is that they tend to slide up in the back and eventually fall off my head, especially when I exercise. I have a smaller head diameter so I imagine that doesn't help. I am hoping that one of you will have a trick to keeping these in place. TIA!

2. cwoc

cwoc Guest

I wear a lot of these:

[​IMG]

and these:

[​IMG]

Honestly to stop the, from sliding, I have to clip or bobby pin them on to my hair in two-three places. I haven't found any other good solutions :dunno:

3. Locks

Locks Guest

I do this alot too, especially on windy days when I can't rely on my parting to stay how I positioned it.

I just bought some like the goody ones posted above. I'm not sure if they were identical, i think they may have said 'Slipless' one them, They have a band of grip on the inside that goes all around. i really like them, i wore it today and it has stayed put.

for exercising lululemon has some wide ones. They're a bit pricey, but the material is great, they don't stretch out and become loose.

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clot ... n-headwear

4. Greene

Greene Guest

I've found that wearing my hair in a low ponytail along with the headband helps it stay in place. When it starts to ride up in the back, it gets caught on the ponytail holder and can't go any farther.

5. Em374

Em374 Guest

I've been doing was Green is doing and it does help. There is another, longer thread somewhere around here about headbands. There are some cute ones you can buy on Etsy that have velcro on the inside. I am going to give these a try soon,

6. deb35

deb35 Guest

7. Vlal

Vlal Guest

What about trying the Comfy Grip?

http://www.headcovers.com/175/cushion-b ... rips-wigs/

You can probably search for a good price - they do seem a little expensive. I have never tried one before, but I have heard good things about them. They can help not only wigs from slipping but also headbands and scarves/bandanas. It might be worth a try!

8. anora

anora Guest

Vlal, Thanks for sharing your stuff..
    It is really a good headband collection... It is very useful for all of us..

9. Krisann79

Krisann79 Guest

I'm so glad I found this. I've been wanting to buy the wrap around headbands but I'm worried that they'll cause more hair loss? Thoughts?