Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Human Hair Wigs

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by PumpkinPie, Jun 23, 2005.

1. PumpkinPie

PumpkinPie Guest

Hi Ladies

I have ben wearing a synthtic wig for a few weeks but have been looking for a Human Hair Wig for ages.

I must have an odd shape/size head as nothing I try ever fits, I am really keen to move into Human Hair.

I have looked at custom made but really cannot afford the prices which range from £1,300 - £2,000 POUNDS.

Sally Turney the comapnis you suggeted look Amazing but my budget cant stretch to another bank loan.

I would be very gratefull for suggestions.

Love Sarahx

2. HeavenTree

HeavenTree Guest

In my experience that is what you are going to pay for Human Hair wigs. Sorry, whether they are over priced or not that's what the going rate seems to be. It's a very labour intensive product, each hair is hand sewn in.

I know it's hard to get your head around paying this much, but look at it this way, it cost me $1,200 to get the brakes done on my car because that's what it cost.

Are you not worth it?

I seem to be going in the opposite direction that you are going in, I have been researching syn. wigs hoping that I can find a less expensive alternative. I have had a custom made HH wig for 6 months now and I hate it, it's itchy and needs repairs, I paid $1,200 for it so my thinking is these days, if I'm going to be itchy and uncomfortable why pay so much money?

I don't know ~ why do you want to go to human hair, is it because it looks better?

I would like to hear your thoughts.

3. PumpkinPie

PumpkinPie Guest

Hi HeavenTree

I have tried on a few of the off the shelf HH wigs and the hair was sooo beautiful and silky but the cap would just fall of my head.

The fibres off synthic are ok but can get a bit tangley if you like long hair .

Also, most wigs have too much hair, if that makes sence. The best synthtic I have found is Stevie by ROP I have her cut to shoulder length.

I would have to go into debt to get a custom made wig and already have £500 pounds on my credit card for a topper I cannot where.

love Sarahx

4. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

Yes, its a tough one. Unfortunately human hair wigs are always going to be significantly more money. In the industry I regularly work on wigs which are costing 3 and 4k each!!. crazy money! I do know of companies who could do you a human one for less - about £700 but I just don't feel they are good enough to recommend, you know what I mean.

Have you checked out the Jaqueline American Collection? They have some nice synths and blended wigs. also my neighbour is in surprisingly natural looking Revlon wig at the mo.

You are in debt and it is maybe not the right time now to be looking at real hair. Maybe in the future. They are an investment.

Take care Sarah,

sally x

5. PumpkinPie

PumpkinPie Guest

Thanks Sally, thats sweet I am in a lot of debt mostly due to my overspending and living beyond my means to keep on top of things.

I treid a Jaquline HH but the cap was to big at the nape, their was a lot a excess cap. I am a pea head , lol!

6. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

It is possible to have the wig made to fit you. Occasionally I come across clients with wigs they've bought which for whatever reason are too big. it depends on the type and quality of wig, but may be possible for a wigmaker to take some tucks in it. They do this in such a way it remains flat and will not aggravate your scalp. It shouldn't cost more than a few pounds either.
    S :)

7. PumpkinPie

PumpkinPie Guest

Thanks sally

Do you have the web address for Jaqueline American Collection.

I have to start saving for a custom made bu it will take me about 18 months to save.

Love Sarah

8. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

I don't I'm afraid, but if you do a search you should find it easily. They are in Stamford Hill, London. Not all wigs in the range are good- they do vary in quality, but I've seen some nice ones and a good selection.