Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

I am getting married! :-) But what should I do with my hair?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Marianne, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Marianne

Marianne Guest

I am in the middle of my thirties and have been losing hair for many years. After starting taking iron, my hair loss has not been much worse for the last eight months, so if I am lucky, I will have about the same amount of hair when I am getting married (in about half a year) that I have now.

Now I have a bob hair style reaching a bit below my chin, with a bang pointing at one side. (A very thin bang, I feel sorry to say). My main thinning areas are the bang area, the temples and the top of my head. The backside of my head is quite okey (compared to the rest of my head...). I have to have my hair hanging down to hide the thinning in the temples and bang area, so a ponytail and things like that is not a good idea. My bangs also need to be where they are to hide the thinning in the front.

Despite the trouble with my hair, I am actually getting married! :inlove: But I am thinking so much about what to do with my hair. I am going to marry abroad, so I can not let my hair dresser fint out what to do with the hair on the wedding day. (I am not sure if I had managed to ask her if I was going to marry in my own town either, because it feels so unconfortable with the hair loss). Because of that I have to find a hair style that will look okey despite of the hair loss, and that I can manage to fix myself on the wedding day. I guess the best might be to wear my hair as I normally do, but maybe adding some sort of decoration/accesories. My hair quality is very thin (has always been), my hair easlily gets flat and greasy, which of wourse doesn´t make the hair loss look any better... (But I am not sure if people that doesn´t now about it notice my hair problems.)

If you have any good advices, photos, links or anything that can give me some ideas about what to do with my hair on the wedding day, I would be so grateful! :)

2. Ruth

Ruth Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    congrats on your marriage!!
    Maybe you could post some pics of how your hair looks now. That way it is easier for us to help you with your hair style for your wedding.
    Looking forward to help you look your best at your wedding day

3. iisara21

iisara21 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations! :) A friend of mine that I met on here a long time ago got married in England at the end of 2012, and she had lots of temporary hair extensions put in for her wedding day. She looked fabulous in all of her pictures! You seriously couldn't tell that she was wearing them. Whatever you end up deciding to do, try not to stress about it too much, and enjoy your special day!

4. purplelove

purplelove New Member

Dislikes Received:
    hearty congratulations for this happy news. I was exactly in your shoes five years ago when I got married. what i did was get a hair piece with side bangs that was a clip on. I'm in India so hair pieces are not of great quality here but I managed to find one..and i got a trial with my hair dresser. Since I too had more thinning in the front and temples area I needed to cover that up. The rest of my hair was ties in curls and the tiara and veil sat over the parting of the hair piece...so it looked very natural and no one made out anything.
    Hope this helps you.