Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

I am going nuts, please help

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Discoveries' started by I42, Apr 2, 2008.

1. I42

I42 Guest

I am going nuts, I tried Spironolactone, but couldn't take because I had my period every 10 days and my boobs ... I couldn't even breath ... I live in Ottawa area, my docotor is totaly helpless, she recomends minoxidill, but I have facial hair and I am afraid of dread shedd which most of the people reported. Anybody knows good doctor in Ottawa area. What could be done? Does anybody knows good wig place around Ottawa?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

welcome to the boards.

there are some women on these boards from canada, including ontario, canada.

i am not from that area myself, i live in the u.s..

3. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

Angie and I thought Angela ? too are from Canada. Maybe they can help you? See in the thread 'where we all from', if anyone is from Ottawa.

Welcome by the way!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

angie is from montreal, canada.
    there are several women from ontario, canada, i believe from toronto and possibly other cities, also.
    there might be a lady from ottawa as well on these boards.

5. alicat

alicat Guest

I'm in Canada. Actually, not too far from Ottawa (I'm in Kingston).

I am going to go to Toronto for a wig...could you perhaps make the drive too?

If you don't want to drive to Toronto, you could always Google for a wig shop in Ottawa. I think I did before (as Ottawa would be a much closer drive for me), and I did find a wig place. Maybe I'll look again and show it to you and see what you think...

6. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm from Dallas, TX, so i can't help... I'm sorry :(

7. Redheaduk

Redheaduk Guest

Hey Alicat,

I lived in Kingston for nearly a year. I did an exchange year between Queens' and Edinburgh University. Such an amazing experience, even if the Queens' students have some interesting rituals!

8. alicat

alicat Guest

Seriously? Wow. What a small world!!!!

My hubby is going to Queen's right now. We really like this city! Not too big and not too small :)

When were you here?

9. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I live in Montreal. I would try the minoxidil... the hair you will lose on minoxidil will fall out anyway, just more gradually... so why not get the bad hair out so you have full regrowth sooner? I'd rather go bald and have all my hair back in 3 months, than wait for my hair to shed slowly and have full regrowth in a year.

10. alicat

alicat Guest

Ya know Angie you're so lucky to be so young and still have so much hair left!! I tell ya...you're doing the right thing. If I had known 10 years ago what you know now, I might not be in this mess!! You're in a great position to do Rogaine. I can't 'cause my hair loss has gone on for far too long...

:sun:

11. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

I think that is a very positive and correct way to look at the shedding of minoxidil! Wel done Angie!

12. Redheaduk

Redheaduk Guest

Hi Ali,
    I was there 2001-02 doing mainly history in Artsci. I lived in a house on Mack Street with four other exchange girls (from France, Netherlands and Mexico). Was so much fun and gave me friends for life.
    It's a funny in between sized town - I liked the size because you could just walk most places, like in Edinburgh. But campus life over there is so far removed from what it's like being at a big traditional university in the UK.
    I did Queens Cuts for Cancer when I was there and got my really long hair lopped off for wigs for kids. I don't know if it turned into an annual event but we sat out in the open area of the JDUC on a little stage and some local hairdressers just chopped it off. I think I would still do it again all over if I went back but god, how I miss how much hair I had then. When it was short, it basically stuck out in a big triangular do because there was so much of it. So of the girls got their heads shaved for charity which I'm glad I didn't do because what if it had never grown back in then?!?

13. alicat

alicat Guest

Well I'm glad you know my city :) How cool!
    How is campus life here removed from campus life in the UK? They must be big schools in the UK 'cause Queen's isn't considered a small Uni here in Ontario. hehe.
    I'll have to keep my ears and eyes open about the Cuts for Cancer...I'll see if it's still goin' on or not.

14. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I hope I'm lucky... I'm starting to become scared that it's CTE.. which can last up to 7 years! Eee! And the Rogaine says it does not help with hair lost to iron deficiency... but then again, I am having a dread shed, which must mean it is working..

15. alicat

alicat Guest

I really hope it's working for you, Angie!!!!!!!!! You have enough hair at this point to not have the shed make your hair look as horrible as it would, on say, someone like me!!