Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

I Dont Even Know.... Update After 16 Months?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Kimethy, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Kimethy

Kimethy New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I originally posted in the introduction thread last year in june. Its a very stressed emotional entry because hey! Thats what i do haha. This time ill try and keep it short and not as woeful? (Its not short at all. Oops)

So, last year i had got to the point where i was done, i had been taking biotin for years, there was barely any sign of new regrowth and basically i hated looking in the mirror. A few months after dropping the biotin and other vitamin supplements, i noticed teeny tiny hairs all over my scalp. I didnt dare get excited but i hoped that they wouldnt fall out like they had done in the past three years.

Cut to january this year, i saw a dermatologist who looked at my hair, listened to the woe story of basically being highly stressed for three years and said that she recommended minoxidil and that it was probably androgenetic alopecia. I mentioned the new regrowth and she shrugged and said that i could wait it out and see, maybe it was just a severe case of cte. I didnt return for the open appointment because i felt like my hair was slowly filling in.

Oh! Also the tingly and itchy scalp that id had for years stopped as well when i gave up the biotin etc. Months passed and i was able to put up my hair without stressing too much about covering the very thin sides, even my parting seemed tighter? Not perfect but not as horrific as the previous year. Enough that i even stopped thinking about it because if it stayed even this amount i could live with it.

I had a very stressful year this year though, work was very bad and for the first 6 months i was too busy trying not to drown with anxiety to rly focus on my hair (i also took my mirror out of my room which i think stopped me from over analysing every new hair, or lack of).

Anyway, the whole reason im posting is because again the last few months ive been waking up so anxious and life has been mentally rly hard. Ive also noticed that my hair seems to have thinned out again, i dont know if its a seasonal shed or if stress is the ultimate factor here.

A question i do have is, i have a lot of regrowth, i pulled all these middle length hairs forward from my ponytail, all mostly measuring around 9 inches which kind of works out with when i stopped all the multivitmins etc (i have since been told i was never able to take multivitmins as a child because they made me sick?!) ANYWAY. The regrowth is so promising, and there are lots of little baby hairs coming through too, some a few cms up to a few inches. The new hairs are all curly and a bit wild ngl but i love them. My ponytail has also went from around 1.5cm to 2cm. The only thing thats got me puzzled now is all of this suggests new growth but then i looked at my scalp yesterday and the partings looking a bit rubbish and surrounding hair sparse. Could this be the recent shed or have i been just joking myself this last year, (srsly my hair was feeling so much thicker at the sides)

Again another long rant, and im not sure if anyone still posts/reads here but i thought i would try.

TinaM1968 likes this.
  2. sunshine21

sunshine21 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Kimethy,
    I would say hold on to the fact that your ponytail has increased, that's great!! I'm now doing daily scalp massages and bought a comb which vibrates from amazon for approx £10.00 (I'm in London). Together with using a self made concoction of nettle tonic with rose water, essential oils - lavender, rosemary and tea tree oil. I'll spray and massage for at least 3mins, head down. Its been 3 months and I feel like my scalp has new growth, yet my crown looks sparse! I feel your pain! I have naturally curly hair which disguises the thinness a little. Not enough to leave my hair out though, I have to pin it half back to cover the thin patches. I'm taking fish oil, omega 3, hair vit and foti. Hoping for the best. On the plus side my hair isn't falling out as much as it was but then again maybe that was a seasonal shed??

3. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I’m so happy to hear things are getting better. And so glad someone else is on here beside those annoying spammers. No admins I guess so they are running wild. Kimethy ha good in there regrowth is always a good positive sign!!!

4. Sophie Nigam

Sophie Nigam New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Nice I am very happy to hear. If your hairs are regrowth this is a very good sign.