Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

I Feel So Depressed How Do You Ladies Do It?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Sunshine85, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I deleted this because I guess this post just wasn’t Helpful. Sometimes this is just too much.

#1 Sunshine85, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think any post is a helpful post, sometimes it helps even if it’s just to voice your fears. It’s nice to be able to come here and vent, I feel I “delete” my feeling every day just so people around me don’t get mad because I’m not that happy normal person I use to be before all this started. They all think I should just go on like everything is fine. Well it’s not and hard not to be able to say a thing to anyone because they get upset and mad at me. It’s not easy, I try and take things a day at a time, some days moment to moment., it’s hard not knowing what’s happening, if it will get better or if I’m destined and doomed. I started my journey full force looking for answers, trying to fix things and non stop worrying about it ..today I still worry and hate it all but mostly I just try and get through each day. Big hugs

3. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    It’s just so depressing. I really thought it was getting a bit better, but it’s not. I feel like just getting a wigeben though I do have hair. My hair is just not acceptable to me. I feel lost. I just don’t see this improving at this point and just want to feel attractive again.

4. grace90

grace90 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I did not see your original post, but please hang in there. It will get better. Hair recovery happens soooooo slowly, but it will get better. Venting and getting your feelings off your chest will always help. Me, I actually saw a therapist for awhile because of the anxiety and depression my TE was causing. Most people in your life probably won't understand what you're going through, but all of us here do. Please don't ever hesitate to post or reach out.

5. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I know. I never thought I’d be here 5 years later. I tried having hope and thinking it just takes time but like you some days it looks like improvement and other days no. Feels like my life hasn’t been mine in a long time. I feel so unattractive it get harder each day just to get myself going and try and feel normal. This just isn’t normal. I’ve thought of wigs even tried the halos for volume but they just don’t seem like they will stay on. I just don’t know what to think anymore but is depressing I look at all my older sisters and cousins and no one is going through this but me

#5 TinaM1968, Feb 12, 2019 at 7:23 AM
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 7:42 AM
  6. alomom

alomom New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Where to start? I recall my daughter saying that she hated to even shop because she would look in the mirror in the dressing room and just feel so down. So I listened to every word she said and those she did not and found a way to bring her back to "normal". How did I do that you ask? I knew that good cosmetics and trained professionals were key to bringing her back to where she wanted to be. I made appointments at the MAC make up counter, contacted them in advance for a session, told them what our circumstances were and they rose to the occasion. We learned about eyebrow applications and placing on the most natural looking eyelashes, ARDELL 109's by the way. After that session I could see the light in my daughters eyes come back. The next day after she put on her own cosmetics I got a text from her, " all good" and my heart was full. Like any condition we must learn to adapt. As a mother my heart will always be sad for her hair loss, but if I let that take over my life, as it did for a long while I must add, who was I helping? NOBODY. This is how I see it today, women with hair loss draw on their eyebrows, they wear false lashes and wear hair extensions. As a 60 year old lady, keeping up with age is a daily challenge, just look in my medicine cabinet and my makeup drawer and don't forget my hair color boxes. We have to adapt to whatever the heavens send our way. Just for a point of information there is a great lady that I have worked with in the past for hair pieces called Chris For Hair. she is a gem. You can find her on the internet and she will counsel you on what you might need in the hair world. She has a nice website give it a look, Next make that appointment to get tips on makeup applications and find a new normal . I send all this advice and guidance to you in a loving way. It helped us heal and I wish you the very same as if you were my own daughter.

7. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the lovely responses. I know that it’s hair and that my appearance can’t really stay how I would like forever. But I guess I feel a lose of control. Since I can’t do anything about my hair, I made an allotment with a dermatologist to get some facial treatments. If my face looks better I think I will feel better about my hair.

Honestly, I am so skinny right now from stress gaining weight would probably help my face and hair. I just do not put on weight easily! Which most people think is good.

I know I need to learn to be happy with my appearance but it is easier said than done. I thought I would look better than this at my age. I looked fine a year ago.

8. Tara49

Tara49 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Gosh! I would LOVE to be naturally skinny.
    I would give all my hair for naturally skinny. Except I can't, because I don't have any, but if I did - I'd trade it for skinny.
    My point is that we're all of us unhappy in our appearance in one way or another - I hate being short and fat more than I hate my hair loss.
    Count your blessings, make the most of what you've got and remember that it really and truly is what's on the inside that counts.x

Sunshine85 likes this.
  9. WittsEnd

WittsEnd Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You do it because you have to. what's the choice? You find a good dermatologist that specializes in hair loss & try some things that
    recommend. Some work, most don't. But you keep trying. You buy a good topper. If you don't need a full wig a topper is the best
    way to cope. At lease when you go out, you don't feel like people are looking at you because of hair loss. It doesn't really do any
    good to talk about because no one can really do anything to help you. You have to help yourself. It's hard.

Sunshine85 likes this.
  10. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    You both are so right. I should be happy with what I have. I am sure I will look back in ten years and think I looked great. You gottA work with what you have.

Also, no one can help me. I have to do that for myself. I did buy some extensions awhile ago that were a little to light and long. I cut in weft short so it would lay where my nap hair should be and it helps to fill it in a little. It is a tad too light, but my hair covers it pretty well, and I bet most people won’t notice. This small amount of extra hair makes me feel better.

I probably should take a break from this board for a ew months and just live life. I have been avoiding people because of this.

11. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Member

Dislikes Received:
    My thoughts exactly. Time for me to get off the internet again and focus on life. My hair hasn’t gotten any better searching and all it causes is more anxiety.