Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

I got my scalp biopsy results

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Positive Outlook' started by Wolf924, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Wolf924

Wolf924 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    The pathology report (which I will pick up next week) indicates NO miniaturization, but rather Telogen Effluvium which looks to be in the beginning of remission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:nfire::eek:nfire::eek:nfire::eek:nfire::eek:nfire:

I am ELATED. I am so happy. She did see some fungus which she said we can talk about more next week. It could be related to my gluten intolerance.

To all those who think you have Androgenetic Alopecia: get a biopsy! I had massive hair loss from October through April, and I thought for sure it was Androgenetic Alopecia, and I was WRONG.

I got the biopsy right on the crown in my ugliest, thinnest, shiniest spot.

Hubs is taking me out to dinner to celebrate!

2. Eunmi

Eunmi Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm so glad you got wonderful results!
    Congratulations Wolf!
    I'd be just as elated as you are. Maybe now you can put it behind you. :)

3. dvent1111

dvent1111 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    OMG that is amazing! I so wish for the same results!!! What did the Dr say about the shedding shorter uncut hairs? And what is your shed currently? And last, how can they tell it is in remission? OMG jealous big time but so happy for you!!

4. Wolf924

Dislikes Received:
    My shed honestly goes up and down--last week I shed 30 hairs a day, then 68 then today--like 70. Oct-Feb, I was shedding 150+ a day. One day it was legit like 400 hairs.

I have always been a high shedder. doctor said shedding uncut hairs has zero meaning. Sometimes your hair cycles get messed up and the follicle tries to just help itself by pushing a hair out and starting again. She also said it can take 18 months for your hair to fix itself from birth control, especially when you are in your 30's. They can tell its in remission because the follicles they saw (and cut out) had the new hair inside we couldn't see yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Ruth

Ruth Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    WoW wolf. I am sooooo happy for you. You were So convinced you had Androgenetic Alopecia and now you do NOT have it. Aren' t you glad you got a biopsy and don't have to worry anymore. Enjoy your celebratory dinner!!!

6. Sakura

Sakura Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    congrats! :D that's great!

7. Ruth

Ruth Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    When my results came back there was also quite some fungus, which can be treated with ketoconozale shampoo. By the way was your biopsy horizontally or vertically sectioned or both?

8. rva207

rva207 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Great news! Congrats!

9. Leelees

Leelees Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yay!! Yay!!! Congratulations :)

10. Noalani

Noalani Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome news!!! :jump: Doing a major happy dance over here for ya! Sounds like you just need to be patient and give your hair time...phew! Enjoy that dinner with hubby. :)

All the best to you,
    Anne

11. bella496

bella496 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man, I'm so happy for you! That's fantastic! :D

12. Emylou55

Emylou55 Member

Dislikes Received:
    That's great :)

13. Nerak

Nerak Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    great news, so happy for you

14. Wolf924

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. I am going to focus on my health and mental well being now. Ruth--I don't know what they did, all I know is that this doctor does thousands of these a year and uses an excellent pathology center in DC. I think its in my best interest, and my hairs, not to question this anymore. I had been diagnosed by 3 different derms clinically before this as TE and now with a biopsy I feel confident they are correct. This will take years to fix, and I know this and I am willing to accept it. I will not get all of my hair back--probably about 70%, and I am ok with that too. I am ok with what I have now--even though its not great, as long as its not getting worse, I am ok. I need to step back now, and let my body do what it knows to do. I have learned a lot--I will NEVER take birth control again. EVER. And I need to learn how to cope with stress--I actually enrolled in a boxing class today for the next few months to just focus on that. Its time for massive changes. I wish all of you such good luck, and I will check back in, but for now, its time for me to take a step back and breath--I have not done that in almost a year.

#14 Wolf924, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  15. ChrissyB

ChrissyB Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I agree Gina. I can only say that thinking about this and obsessing and incessant worry all the time only makes the situation worse. I am going to do the same thing and take a step back because I remember being concerned years ago after being so sick and the Doctor telling me that worrying will make it worse. I don't know what my problem is but given the rapid loss in one day, I suspect I might be in the same situation as you. Hopefully we can keep in touch via facebook as friends; not to discuss hair. Take care.

16. Wolf924

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely Chrissy we will stay in touch outside of the forum--and I will check back here in a few months because I do pray for all these women to find positive resolution. This is a horrid thing to happen and I want everyone to find some form of healing, both inside and out. I am not out f the woods yet but I need to work on my mental well being the most. xoxoxoxoxo Love to all.

17. verylonelygirl

Dislikes Received:
    I am so happy for u wolf. The horror of not knowing Wat u have and then getting a positive result is a blessing. Please if u get time post Ur pics of Ur hair. Often in fact 90% of the time we are said it's Androgenetic Alopecia n it's unfair n ruthless. U deserve to enjoy the day. Stay blessed!!!

18. sheeny

sheeny Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Sooooo happy for you, gina!!!!

19. Jen77

Jen77 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Great news!!

20. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am so happy for you!!!!!! This is fantastic news!