Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

I hate PCOS

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by mjh, May 19, 2008.

1. dying curls

dying curls Guest

mh..there arent millia cyst..otherwise we could get them on the face or something....

well in my case..there are definetely caused by the many thick hair i had on my legs when there were growing back or after waxing ...same for the marks red bumps after waxing..i dont mean not just the post trauma of the wax that eeryone get..but it would left red marks that would stay for so long..and this arent there anymore since on HRT..i think this has something to do with IR : the bo body takes longer time to heal..and since with PCOS you get even stonger hair even on your legs sometimes the post wax trauma..is even more traumatic i guess...when my hormones are controlled it is not near half as bad...

Also i am getting laser treatment on my legs for hair and this is such a relief :punk:

2. curlyone

curlyone Guest

Dying curls I don't understand what you meant by "there aren't milia cysts... otherwise we can get them on the face or something"
    I don't think that MH's boils are milia cysts, I was saying that small goosebump like bumps are most likely milia cysts, which can occur on the face but can also occur on other parts of the body .

3. dying curls

dying curls Guest

I odnt know what MH boils are...i was also talking about the bumps...MILA cysts can hapen even on the face and as you say to babys..i think the bumps we talk about here are relatated a lot to body hair...hence i dont think they are mila cysts..

4. mjh

mjh Guest

The boils are like...inflamed ingrown hairs. They look like pimples and that's what I thought they were. I did show a doctor who gave me antibiodic cream for my face and told me to use it on my legs too. It hasn't really worked all that well. I think I need to try to correct my hormones in order to get rid of all these problems.

5. angieangie

angieangie Guest

That's it! When I pick mine there's a little hair curled in it!

6. kaylee

kaylee Guest

I noticed the hairs around 19 too. The hair loss didn't start til 27 or 28, but I wish I would have done something sooner! :shakehead: I know getting your hormones balanced would help you, I hope you can start treatment soon!

7. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I had them since I was 11 and I never knew what they were.

8. dying curls

dying curls Guest

yeaht those are more like ingrown hair or also after waxing i get marks....
    getting the hormones under contorl help though you might need minimu 6 months if not more to see an effec ton your legs cause legs do not react to the hormones as quickly...and also having your hormone in range helps with the healing of marks du to ingrown hair after you touch them too much or after waxing ect..

9. Tamgirl518

Tamgirl518 Guest

Isn't it almost like a cruel joke to have so much facial and body hair but then losing hair from your head? I am so friggin hairy but yet thinning like crazy. :dunno:

10. mjh

mjh Guest

Yeah, I felt like such a freak when my hair thinned! Hairy legs and balding? I'm a girl, dangit!!!

11. Rainbird984

Rainbird984 Guest

I know, it's so frustrating! I wish my head and body hair could switch places. At the appointment when i was diagnosed with PCOS i broke down in tears and choked out, "I'm gonna look like George from Seinfeld in like 5 years!" lol! (For those who haven't seen the show, he's a short chubby balding man with a hairy chest.) Oh, the wonders of pcos... ;)