Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

I have a secret...

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by alicat, Nov 26, 2009.

1. alicat

alicat Guest

I did two home pregnancy tests today --one at 7:20am and one at 6pm...both came back positive.

I am shocked and in denial. I can't believe this. I think once a doctor confirms this for me I'll believe it!

Has anyone else had trouble ttc and then not believe it when the test obviously shows positive. Am I nuts for being in denial? Ahhhhh.

I am going to do a digital test tomorrow. If it's positive too, I'm calling my doctor!

This is pretty cool, eh? :)

2. vaso

vaso Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    :jump: CONGRATULATIONS :jump:

3. alicat

alicat Guest

is it too early to be excited? i am sooooooo scared this won't work out! i'm a nut!

i will keep you all posted on how this goes. i have pcos, so there is a change of miscarriage.

4. finaleofseem

finaleofseem Guest

Ali!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

How fantastic for you and your hubby!

5. Swan

Swan Guest

:woot:
    :punk:
    :whistle:
    :bravo:
    :jump:
    :jump:

CONGRATS! Chances of pregnancy are not limited to PCOS though maybe more with that ...So don't think about that too much and try to enjoy the pleasant surprise your body is giving you!!!

6. angel706

angel706 Guest

WOOO-HOOOO!!!!!
    :jump: :bravo:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

7. so-lost

so-lost Guest

Congrats!!!!!!!!! :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

With my first, I didn't really believe it til I went to the dr and had them check! Stay calm. You have to remember most of the time pregnancies progress with no problem. Do you have a good ob/gyn? Get to the dr and have your blood levels checked. I assume this is wonderful news for you???

Congrats and keep us posted!!!

8. so-lost

so-lost Guest

OOOH! Even though you're Canadian, you might have to start celebrating THANKSGIVING DAY!!

9. aries

aries Guest

I am so excited for you. What a wonderful gift for you and your husband. Please let us know all the details when you go see a doctor. What does hubby say? I know you have been trying for a long time, and I'm thrilled for you. You will make a great mommy!

10. kimm

kimm Guest

GGGGAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

OH MY GOD! Congratulations!!!!!!

I know you're fear. Keep tabs on your progesterone. I think that's the biggie.

I have PCOS and carried two pregnancies with no problem.

Oh I'm so excited for you!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

You're in my prayers to have a happy, healthy pregnancy alicat!

11. cassie

cassie Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    So pleased for you Alicat. I hope everythng works out good for you.

12. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    ((((((((Ali))))))))) that's wonderful news!!!! :woot: I'm so happy for you and your hubby. :jump: My thoughts and prayers will be with you throughout your pregnancy until your beautiful baby is here.
    Congratulations!!!!

Big Hugs,
    Joann

13. suzyq

suzyq Guest

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is very normal to be scared/worried in the beginning but everything will be great!!!!!!

14. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    YEAH!!!!! :bravo:
    snowflake

15. brandy32

brandy32 Guest

:bravo: :bravo: :jump: Yay!!!

16. alicat

alicat Guest

Thanks so much everyone!!!

I have an appointment with my GP on Dec.8 to truly validate this and do whatever docs do at these types of visits. I am soooooo excited. Can it be Dec.8 today?

17. aries

aries Guest

Ali - Have you told anyone in your family or are you waiting until Dec. 8? I remember coming home from the doctor and jumping on the phone right away. I am so excited!

18. alicat

alicat Guest

I only told my sis and mom but I warned them to not tell anyone and to not get too excited until this pregnancy progesses...Having PCOS I have a very high chance of mc and I don't want them buying stuff and whatnot too soon, ya know?

I am pretty darn sure I am preg, though. I took 2 regular tests yesterday, and one digital this morning. If 3 tests were wrong, then geeze, I'm screwed!

I'll tell the world around 3 months.

Oh, and I told my dietitian yesterday. I had just done the test and then had my appointment with her. I was a ball of nerves, so I kinda blurted it out. Haha. Love my dietitian though..can't wait to see her again. Perhaps I could get some pregnancy diet advice! :)

19. so-lost

so-lost Guest

Talk to your md re your hx of pcos. They normally do a sonogram and blood tests at about 8 weeks (this is counted from your last period, not from believed time of conception). The blood tests can show if your progesterone levels are low- if so, they might prescribe prometrium (I took it in my second pregnancy). I don't know a lot about pcos but they might want to do blood tests earlier with you. I have some friends who had earlier blood tests due to spotting or previous pregnancy difficulties.

So excited for you- you deserve this joy!!!

20. hopelina

hopelina Guest

wow ! That's great news! I am happy for you !!
    Are you on Metformin? It may be a good idea to take it through the first semester, too. I did that , a lot of girls on soulcysters did that in order to overcome the first trimester.