Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

I have a secret...

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by alicat, Nov 26, 2009.

1. ttc

ttc Guest

I'm so happy for you Alicat!!! I know you've wanted this for so long!! Happy News!!!!!

2. michellebr

michellebr Guest

Oh Gosh, I just read this.HUGE hugz to you Ali!!!!!

3. alicat

alicat Guest

I had an US done yesterday to find out how far along I am. I am 9 weeks pregnant and my little bean had a strong HB :) How blessed am I? :jump:

4. brandy32

brandy32 Guest

That is awesome!!! :jump: :jump: :) :) :jump:

5. so-lost

so-lost Guest

So happy for you!!!! We need good news around here!!! :jump: :jump:

6. kimm

kimm Guest

So excited for you!!!!

:gay2: :gay2: :gay2: :gay2: :gay2: :gay2:

7. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am so happy for you and your little bean! What a wonderful Christmas present!!

8. cassie

cassie Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    So pleased for you, such happy news!

9. alicat

alicat Guest

Yay Yay Yay!

Is this true? Hehehe. :)

10. aries

aries Guest

Ali - What is your due date? I can remember when you mentioned wanting to get pregnant, now you are :woot: . I am so happy for you and your husband. Names?

11. alicat

alicat Guest

EDD is July 20.

No names yet. Of course I have always given thought to names, but I am still so cautious and don't want to jinx myself! :)

12. aries

aries Guest

I understand about not wanting to jinx. How have you been feeling?

13. Roses

Roses Guest

Congratulations Alicat!!!! Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy!!!!!

14. alicat

alicat Guest

Whoops. My EDD is July 21. Just being technical! :p

I am feeling ok. I have been VERY tired and moody. My poor hubby is getting yelled at quite a lot lately. But he understands.

I have had mild nausea off and on. I have it right now and I pray it won't get worse. Ugh. But I know I could be feeling worse, so I'll take this. :)

15. aries

aries Guest

I would keep crackers by my bed and have a few before my feet hit the floor in the morning. I had morning sickness for 5 straight months with my first one. Good luck!

16. MariaT

MariaT Guest

Congratulations! Happy to hear it!!

17. medusa

medusa Guest

alicat,
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting for you!

I agree with aries about the crackers. Saltines saved my life through the nausea. Some pregnant women like to suck on hard candies.

Take good care of yourself!

18. joshsmommy

joshsmommy Guest

Congrats! I just knew the Met would help. It's the only thing that worked for me. It worked when everything else failed including Clomid and inj fertility meds.

I stayed on the met for 3 months to prevent miscarriage. I was so scared to come off of it even then, but everything went fine. I also had a Leo baby, born on the 25th of July.

As for the nausea, I had to take Zofran (med they give people on chemo) throughout my entire pregnancy. And even with that, I threw up every day for 9 months. I intend to hold that over my daughter's head for...for forever actually! :)

Enjoy every second. It's a magical time in your life!

Joy

19. Swan

Swan Guest

OK, I've not had any pregnancies but I do know from others' experience that this recipe works. Put a piece of lamb or beef shank (about 200G would suffice I guess) in a glass jar, close the lid tightly and put it in a large pot to boil for a about 7-8 hours, then add salt to the content and drink the liquid. It helps the most with the pregnancy nausea. It's also very nutritious. And of course you can eat the meat too if you can stomach it, but if you can't just drink the liquid (you'd be surprised how much liquid is in the jar once it boils for so long). You'd think it's hard work but all it takes really is to put it on the stove to cook/boil as you go after your day.

Joy of expecting :)

20. kimm

kimm Guest

Interesting about the beef shank Swan! I'll need to try that if I reproduce again! :)

I had horrible nausea with both pregnancies (never got sick though).

Here's what helped me to some degree...

- eating small frequent meals/snacks. It gets worse if you don't, I think it has to do with blood sugar dropping too low.

- cinnamon gum (not sure why)

- Saltines!

I've also heard that those "seabands" work. they're like stretch bracelets with little nobs on the inside that target an acupressure point on your wrist. I've heard of these helping others, they just didn't work on me. You can get them at most drug stores

Ginger tea or candied ginger. Supposed to have stomach easing properties.

Lastly - Morning sickness is supposed to be a positive sign that you have a good, strong, healthy pregnancy, so there is a positive side to it! :)