Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

I regrew hair

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by MeliJM, Apr 26, 2010.

1. MeliJM

MeliJM Guest

Starting in 8/07 I began taking Yasmin.It was a godsend.My POS symptoms went away and best of all...my hair stopped falling out and actually regrew.Fast forward 3 yrs later-I stopped it in 8/09 after all the neg publicity and I wanted to see how my body truly was after all this time.After about 4-5 month my skin got oily,pimples all over,hair growth worsened on my lip,neck and chin and my hair fell out...again.Needless to say I went right back on Yasmin and am just starting my 3rd pack and my shedding is slowing.I pray the same thing happens this time as last and I didnt jinx myself.Heres the photos
    http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z267/melissajm1/

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's great that you kept a photo log so you could look back and see what is really happening. I wish you luck that Yasmin works for you again, and am sending positive vibes your way.

3. RubyRoo

RubyRoo Guest

I was talking to a friend the other day who mentioned that since she came of Yasmin about 5 months ago and since she'd noticed that her hair was getting greasier quickly, she was breaking out more esp on her scalp and that her body hair had increased considerably. When we were younger she was always on b.c for her skin but as far as I know she's not got PCOS at all. Being the nut that I am I have also noticed she's receded a lot in the last few months, not that she cares at all!! It will be interesting to see how the next few months pan out and whether her hormones will level out after two years of b.c. Other than that I know she had no complaints about Yasmin, it has got a bad reputation but she loved it and only came off when she split with her fella.

Meli really pleased that its working for you, I saw your pics a little while ago and thought your hair looked great! So am I right in thinking you loss isn't diffuse?

4. MeliJM

MeliJM Guest

I would say its def diffuse on the top,sides and crown.My shed has slowed for about 6 days now and Im hoping to see regrowth again soon like 3 yrs ago.

5. pattismith85

pattismith85 Guest

I hope this doesn't sound patronizing but have you tried testosterone blockers additionally? I read that this can also help. I'm not an expert on PCOS but I did read a bit about it in some book I got for free on hairloss.com.

6. Pelin77

Pelin77 Guest

did you use minoksidil with yasmin?
    I love your hair, improving is awsome, hope you will have old same hair as soon as.

doctor said me yasmin effects 3-6 cycle at the earliest.

7. aries

aries Guest

MeliJM - Any updates?