Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

If Anyone Is Interested This Was My Experience With Nutrafol Hair Vitamin For Women.

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by MeliM, Jun 12, 2019 at 2:34 PM.

1. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi I just wanted to give anyone who might be interested in trying Nutrafol my experience with it. I started taking Nutrafol back in October. You are supposed to take 4 pills a day . I started gradually taking them working my way to 4 pills a day after about two weeks. I would say at about maybe January or so I noticed a slight decrease in hair shedding. But yes there is a but I started to notice changes in my body . One change was I would have hot flashes. I'm 34 so that's not menopause and I'm the type of person who is always cold. I was literally sitting outside in 50' weather and started sweating. I was having night sweats too. Another change I noticed is I was bloated and started gaining weight in my thighs and stomach. I've always had a bubble butt and all of a sudden my butt was getting flat and shrinking. I still continued taking them and in about February I wasn't shedding much hair at all. So I decided to try and cut back to 2 pills a day and improving my diet so I'd stop gaining weight and get my butt back . Well the pills have stopped working. I think you have to take the full 4 pills a day. I think I'm going to stop taking them all together. I don't like what they did to my body but am also torn because I want my hair. Just wanted to share my experience, and if you aren't worried about gaining weight in the wrong places, and loosing weight in the wrong place give them a try because everyone's body is different. Anyone have good results with another hair vitamin? :)

2. Sandy

Sandy Member

Dislikes Received:
    I tried viviscal and not really certain if there was an improvement or not, but it started to raise my alkaline phosphate levels which concerned the doctor, so I stopped taking them. I then later read in an article from europe that that pill does cause that side effect. So so far I haven't found anything that works. I started 2 months ago with stinging nettle root that at first I thought really helped, I just stopped shedding, or very little, but now it seems I have lost even more hair which is very distressing to me, it is right in the centre front hairline so very noticeable and I am very self conscious about it.......I don't think anything helps.

3. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Sandy, thank you for your info. I to am very self conscious about my hair line. Something that has always bothered me is I felt like I've had a big forehead my whole life, and now I am having a receding hair line to add to it. I'm sorry about your luck with Viviscal. I wish something could just help us without side effects!!

4. unefemme

unefemme Member

Dislikes Received:
    I, too, tried Viviscal (in fact, I've already written about my concerns on this site) and took it for a few years. My blood tests began to show an uptick in my live results - definitely not a good thing. I didn't attribute it to Viviscal until several months later when my blood test results came back with even higher numbers b/c I had read something about that side effect online. Sure enough, I did some checking and narrowed it down the the shark cartilage. Truthfully, the Viviscal did nothing for my hair, but I kept hoping that it would and was afraid to stop using it - just in case... Anyhow, after stopping it, my liver enzyme numbers were back to normal w/in 3 months. I, too, would love to find the magic pill for hair loss, but I know that Viviscal isn't the answer.

5. Linz

Linz Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using Nutrafol for about 6-9 months now. I haven't had any side effects except super strong nails and my hair grows super fast. Not sure there's a huge impact on my hair loss but when I stopped using it for a week or so, I didn't noticed more an increase in shedding

6. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You noticed more shedding when you stopped? I'm noticing much more since I stopped:(