Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

I'm baaaaa-aaaaaaack! :-)

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by iisara21, Mar 9, 2014.

1. iisara21

iisara21 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, Donna! Yeah, unfortunately for me, I'm in the same boat. I think I unloaded my whole story a loooooong time ago on here, but I've been through some pretty horrendous TEs, and they're always triggered by any sort of hormonal fluctuation (thyroid, cortisol, estradiol, or progesterone). It's been hard to keep some of these levels steady over the past 2 years because school can be stressful at times, and there have been times that I've had to stay up way past my bedtime and wake up earlier than my body and my brain would like to. LOL. I've only got about a year left, but it's definitely taken a toll on my poor scalp, and I'm sure that some of this hair is not coming back. I've made my peace with it, but it took about 12 years! My first colossal TE happened a few months before I turned 21. It put a damper on my first trip to Vegas to say the least. ;-)

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time with your thyroid levels. I was just telling my stepdad the other day that I can't decide which was worse: feeling incredibly tired, weepy, and brain foggy every day when I was hypo or having panic attacks, hand tremors, and constantly feeling on edge when my dose was too high. Both of them suck, that's for sure! Thankfully, I've never had to deal with scalp pain; I really feel for you as far as that goes. :( Hopefully now that you're about 4 months postpartum, your hormones will level out more, and it'll be easier to find a steady dose for your levothyroxine. I've found that once I've gotten my hormones to stop fluctuating and they stay steady for awhile that I get a nice, calm, decent break from my scalp just vomiting hair. LOL. Sometimes I've gone a year or more without a TE. You almost start to forget that you ever had any hair issues. And I'd be glad to lend you some positive vibes anytime! If you can't get a hold of me on here, you usually can on Facebook. Here's a link to my profile. You can message me on there whenever you want...if you need to vent, if you have any questions or need advice, or if you just feel like chatting.

https://www.facebook.com/sara.marie.796