Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Im having a transplant next week!

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by seeker248, May 1, 2009.

1. seeker248

seeker248 Guest

Dear all,

I'm very new to this room and just wanted to share with you all that Im going to have hair transplant next week. I have been having hair loss problem (Androgenic alopecia) since I was only 15, now im 29 and hoping that the nightmare will be gone after the surgery.

what I'm really concern now is that I have to get back to work 4 days after the transplant and Im not sure whether anyone in my office will ever notice the difference, will I be able to cover up the wound?

Pls, if any of you have ever experienced this, tell me what to do?

I'm now so upset about it dear :(

2. kimm

kimm Guest

I have no experience in this area but there are a couple members here who have. (moviegirl is one I think)

There's also a transplant forum here where there are a couple experiences posted, if you haven't read there yet.

Anyhow, I just want to wish you good luck! I hope you get the results you're looking for

Could you do us a favor and post your experience here? I think it would be really helpful to others who are considering this option.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well, recovery is quick, and that all your little hairs grow nice and strong!

Not sure what to say about covering the wound though. A light soft scarf maybe? I don't know how tender that area will be, but if it's silk or something like that it might provide enough coverage without too much friction.

3. seeker248

seeker248 Guest

Thank you so much for your suggestion dear. I will go through the forum to seek for more advices after surgery.

I live in Thailand so the scarf or hat isnt a choice to cover up. I just hope that i can cover the wound with my hair, doing a loose tie up.

Im also concern about the pain as I would really need to get back and concentrate on my work 4 days afterwards. Seriously now I'm so scared.

I will definitely post my before-after pics if they are useful to at least some of you :)

4. kimm

kimm Guest

Something like this maybe?

http://www.coveryourhair.com/WomensHeadBands1.html

Not sure what your work situation is. If that area is tender and you can cover it with existing hair, that might be a better option anyhow.

Again, good luck! I understand why you'd be nervous.

I'll cross my fingers that everything goes smooth :)

5. seeker248

seeker248 Guest

Just want to show you the area that I will do the work, right in the center and also at the back.

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      139.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      139.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      139.7 KB
      Views:
  6. seeker248

seeker248 Guest

another pic

Attached Files:

• 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      166.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      166.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      166.1 KB
      Views:
  7. alicat

alicat Guest

Good luck!

8. I can't answer your questions, but am wishing you the best of luck with your procedure!

9. treleno

treleno Guest

Hi Seeker,
    I've had this done twice - please see my post and pix in the Laser Transplant thread. Personally I wouldn't do it again as I didn't net the results I was hoping for (and was told I could expect). But let me ask you a few questions: Is your doctor going to do the strip procedure or the FUE procedure (no cut)? Did he/she say how many grafts they would be doing? What expectation did he/she set regarding results?

To answer your question, at the 4 day mark you'll still have scabs. But in looking at your pix, and because you're not getting the frontal area done, you could probably pull your front hair up and back and wear it in a barette to cover the scabbed area. Or even a ponytail because it looks as if you could get enough top coverage by pulling up the sides and front. Also it's possible you'll still have some forehead and eye swelling at that point. I had my last procedure done on a Tues, had considerable swelling thru Friday, and it started subsiding on Saturday.
    Feel free to ask further questions - I don't want to add to your anxiety but want to assure you go in with the right expectations.
    Terry

10. miche777

miche777 Guest

I just want to say GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES!

Please post back to us and let us know how it goes. :)

11. seeker248

seeker248 Guest

Thank you everyone for your support -- Im still nurvous. Do you know if we have to apply minoxidil for some time before the transplant? I stopped it for a couple of months now -- will it be a problem?

12. hwag5149

hwag5149 Guest

your transplant dr isnt telling u about how big the scar will be or whether to use minoxidil???

13. angel706

angel706 Guest

Seeker, I sent you a lengthy PM a few days ago about your transplant...did you receive it? I really think with your type of diffuse hair loss that you should reconsider. There is a very strong possibility that the shock loss from the trauma of the procedure will make you permanently loss hairs that would have gone in the next few years, and you won't see any net gain...this is assuming you have Androgenetic Alopecia. Do you know the root cause of your hair loss? If you don't, a transplant is a very bad idea.

14. seeker248

seeker248 Guest

Dear angel 706,

as I am quite new to this site, I didnt check the PM message you sent untill now. Honestly I really have no idea that community site could bring such joy and appreciation to me this much. The message from a person whom I have never met in my life would make this operation worth everything.

Dear, I have read all your text carefully and am touched by your concerns and kindness. I did the transplant on the 7th and am currently recovering at home. About the fact that there is a very strong possibility that the shock loss from the trauma of the procedure will make me permanently loss hairs.. I do aware of that and my surgeon clearly informed me about it. However, despite I have Androgenetic Alopecia, my case is exceptional cos I have very very good doner area for some reasons. I did altogether 2200 grafts mainly covering the center on my head.

Just for your info, I have been trying all medications and seeing a number of dermatologists and hair clinics during the past 13 years. This is the last attempt I would do for myself, still if this doesnt work, I wouldn't blame anyone.

I really appreciate your concern and suggestion and I am now praying that things will go well after this. The first day after the surgery I was extremely in pain, but yesterday was better and today is quite ok for me.

I promise I will keep my pictures posted in case it's useful to anyone here. Thank you again Angel706 and everyone that supported me here..

At least Im not alone in this pain.

15. sissi

sissi Guest

I Seeker , I was reading your post and wondering how is your hair now?? Did you have any shockloss??
    Please give us news!

16. colline

colline Guest

any news of the transplant? i wish when things go well people didnt disappear we need to be a team and let us all know when good things occur as well as bad.

17. I would like to know about the transplant results, too.

18. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Me too! I would like to see pics pleeeeeeease!!