Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

I'm having my transplant next Thursday!!

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by G-G, Mar 15, 2007.

1. G-G

G-G Guest

I am so excited and scared at the same time. I am 36 with thinning on the top and have been losing my hair for 10 years. My husband said to do what ever it takes to make me happy. It is so hard to wear the same hairstyle for 10 years to cover the thinning hair.

I am getting a plastic surgery loan for the transplant. I told the Doctor to take as much donor hair as he can so I won't have to go back for a long time.
    Wish me luck and I will keep you updated.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

good luck to you with that.

3. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    How exciting!! I hope it goes well and you get a great result.

4. clea1970

clea1970 Guest

That is so exciting!! Don't be nervous I had my breasts done about 6 years ago and it was the best thing I have ever done for my self esteem. hair transplant is something that I will def do if I can't get a full head of hair back. Once its done you will be able to put it all behind you. Good luck to you, just think hair, hair, hair!!

5. sal

sal Guest

G-G just wondered how things are going following your hair transplant?

sal x

6. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

best of luck to you!

7. G-G

G-G Guest

Hair transplant

Sorry I haven't gotten back about my transplant. My Hair transplant was March 22. What a roller coaster. The new bulbs grew so fast. Every night my husband would look and the hairs grew about 1/2 inch in 2 weeks. They soon fell out and haven't come back. It seems my hair on top is thinner than before. I can't go into the sun without a hat because my scalp is so sensitive. My scalp still is kind of red and sore. My husband keeps telling me to wait till November rolls around. (That is when I should see a lot of normal growth).
    If you have any questions... fire away!!!!

8. devastated

devastated Guest

Is this normal? You lose more hair first before it grows back in? You lost the plugs or the hair growing? Just wanted more info becuase I may go this route one day. I don't want to lose what I have though. Can you post before and after pics......D

9. devastated

devastated Guest

Is this normal? You lose more hair first before it grows back in? You lost the plugs or the hair growing? Just wanted more info becuase I may go this route one day. I don't want to lose what I have though. Can you post before and after pics......D

10. sal

sal Guest

Thanks for the update G-G. Sorry you are having such a rough time of it. Did your hair transplant doctor tell you what to expect beforehand? Are you using any lotions or treatments to help things along?

Sorry for all the questions!

Happy healing!

11. G-G

G-G Guest

Sorry to scare everyone with my hair transplant story. First let me tell you all that I gave birth to a stillborn back in November. As with my first birth, I started to shed hair like crazy around 3-6 months after giving birth. Once again around 3-6 months after giving birth again I am losing hair like crazy. I deceided to have the transplant anyway during this shed time, so that is why I have more hair loss right now. My husband can see the bulbs growing right now. Sorry I didn't take any pics of before and after. Especially after the surgery I was swollen for 2 weeks and couldn't really go out in public with out a hat. I do not like having my pic taken.

12. Janices

Janices Guest

So sorry about your baby. I can't imagine how devastating and what a loss that must be. The postpartum alone is enough of a cause of hair loss in addition to losing the baby.

Would you be willing to say who did your procedure or at least where it was performed? I'm in the process of getting a few more virtual consults so will be picking my doctor soon.

Janice

13. sal

sal Guest

G-G I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Good luck with the healing process.

sal x

14. G-G

G-G Guest

Hi Janice,

I live in Woodbridge VA which is Northern Virginaia. I wanted to stay close to home. My doctor was Dr Yousefi and he does his surgery in Vienna VA. He charges a flat rate of 7300.00 Of course it could have been less but I wanted him to take the biggest strip out of the back of my head. I hope this is the only surgery for me.