Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Immunotherapy? Photochemo?

Discussion in 'Medications that can cause Hair Loss' started by Lee112780, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Lee112780

Lee112780 Guest

Hi,
    I have been on prednisone for a few months now and my hair did stop coming out. It left very little...but it did stop. Im also using Drithoscalp cream. However..Im a little confused about the regrowth process. I am having VERY little regrowth....only a few hairs really...I have read about Immunotherapy and photochemotherapy. Has anyone done these and what were the results? I have Alopecia Universalis and I guess Im just wondering if I should keep looking for something to help me...or just let the disease run it's course. It just seems a little rediculous that there is no cure for this. :thumbdown2: Also..I have read that people can lose all of there hair and then (sometimes yrs later) It has all grown back..has anyone ever experienced this? Thanks and stay strong ladies! There has to be help out there..somewhere!

2. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

i myself would NEVER go for immuno therapy. i figure my health is more important than hair, and if you take something to suppress your immune system, sure, it'll stop attacking your hair BUT it will also stop attacking the everybody bugs it fights off all the time, and you can get very very very sick.

just my opinion on it.

3. Lee112780

Lee112780 Guest

yes...I'm getting very tired of fighting this. I may just stop and see what happens. I'm supposed to start Photochemo this wk. I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Tired of losing sleep! :sleep: