Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Injections for eyebrows

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by nooneseesbutme, Oct 2, 2007.

1. I have started to lose my left eyebrow, in fact,the corner of it already missing. Are these effective to regrow the hair and are they terribly painful? I mean I know they must hurt, but objectively, how much do they hurt?

2. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

i only know about injections into the scalp.....................really i don't know if i'd want the eyebrow injected, too close to the eye, and i would think for accuracy you would need to inject with a needle as opposed to a air injector, which is what was used on my scalp, and it's more of a slap then a pain.

it wouldn't hurt to ask the doctor about it.

3. thank you for your opinion, i appreciate it!!

4. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,

I have had the eyebrow injections in the past. They are a little more painful than the scalp injections especially at the outer edges of your eyebrows.

My derm didn't give me a lot of injections and once the regrowth was well on the way she discontinued them. When she discontinued the shots I kept the brows for awhile but then they started to slowly fall out again. I decided I didn't want to do the shots indefinitely & gave up.

Hope this info helps.

Joann

5. Rue627

Rue627 Guest

I also lost half my eyebrow and received shots. They did hurt, but what else do you expect from an injection. I was lucky and the hair regrew, but it did take some time.

Good luck.