Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Irregular Periods - PCOS? Need help!

Discussion in 'AGA Related Blood Work and Doctors' started by spiderbug, Jan 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. spiderbug

spiderbug New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi All,

I have had irregular Periods almost my entire life. I am 27 years old. I have been to many gynos - they usually look at me (I have been lean my entire life) and ask me to work on my diet and dismiss me. Some prescribed some BC pills. But until lately no one has checked if i have PCOS. I do not have any symptoms of PCOS except for the severe hair fall, not sure if its even related. However my derm told me i have Androgenetic Alopecia 3rd stage.

Can someone pls help me with this?

P.S - i have never been on BC for long periods. At the most i have taken them continuously for 7 days.

2. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    It sound like it is unlikely that you have PCOS without any of the other symptoms. Are you taking any meds to treat hair loss such as estrogen or androgen blockers?

3. sarvnaz123

sarvnaz123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Deirdre,
    I was just curious, is PCOS something you either have or you don't or is it something that has to be continiously checked for throughout your life, like maybe you develop it later?
    thanks

4. spiderbug

spiderbug New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Nope. I am just on Rogaine and multivitamin pills. I went to a new gyno last week and she put me on Yasmin for next 3 months.

Thanks for the reply Deirdre

5. KayJane

KayJane New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey! Did the Yasmin help the hair loss? I am also a lean woman and I have irregular periods. I’m slender but my BMI is in the normal range 18.5-19.

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had totally irregular periods until after my first child was born. I found out I was pregnant by seeing a doctor about spotting. I am very thin also. Wonder if there is a connection?