Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Is it Ok to use styling products on your hair but NOT scalp?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by mycurlyhair, Oct 8, 2012.

1. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have searched the internet and cant see to find it out. When I use mousse and spray gels, etc (not alot) I now never let it touch my scalp. Do you think that is OK? If it only goes on your hair and not scalp? Anyone know? They say to stay away from these products but my hair is really curly/frizzy and it needs something. But my scalp is so sensitive and itchy and dry so I make sure to not let it near it.

2. shocked

shocked Guest

I have this same issue bc my hair is wavy and generally needs product. I am afraid to use anything with chemicals on my hair right now, so I have tried a few other things. Coconut oil is good for frizz but you can only use a little bit or it weighs the hair down. Olive oil is good too...same instructions as the coconut. Also, I sometimes use fragrance-free, sensitive skin lotion. Rarely, I use some curl cream, but only when I am doing something where my hair for sure needs to look good. I figure if i can't put it right on my skin, it probably should not go anywhere near my scalp.

3. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Right, Thats why I figure if it is not on the scalp, it could be OK? LOL I need to know. If Im not going anywhere I wont and like that because I give my hair a break!

4. shocked

shocked Guest

I think it's okay if it stays away from your scalp, and you don't notice increased irritation.