Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Is There A Great Hair Pro In Central Pa/towson, Baltimore Area??

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by 7680, Mar 31, 2020.

1. 7680

7680 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello All,

During this nationwide “shutdown”, I am spending many hours reading the threads. I have done EVERYTHING to try and save my own hair. Over the past two years, I’ve been prescribed 6 drugs which scare the crap out of me, taken supplements, used the laser cap, PRP, etc). Spent a great deal of $$$ and nothing has helped. It has only gotten worse. I’m still doing all these things. I think it might be time to cut my losses and get off, potentially, damaging drugs. I just had frontal fibrosing alopecia added to my androgenic alopecia diagnosis. I recently purchased a HH topper (another sizeable investment). I purchased in West Palm at Hair Professionals. Is anyone familiar with them? They receive excellent reviews. I have only worn it a few times, while in FL. I do not live in FL and feel very uncomfortable wearing around anyone who knows me. But the time is approaching when I will need to wear hair full-time, if I wish to appear “normal”. Part of me wishes I would have gone straight to bonding. No method seems to be without its pros and cons, so this is not an easy decision to navigate. I work out 6 days/week and we travel. I do an occasional girls trip. I no longer want to do the travel/girls trips, as I am not comfortable. And I LOVE the beach, travel, etc. I would not even think of going under water or snorkeling. We were to do a cruise this month (what prompted me to buy the hairpiece). I was glad when it was cancelled.
    This is where I am at. My most immediate need, is where can I find a great hair professional who is an expert in wig/topper care and guidance, as well as bonding? I have searched a lot and not found anyone who is less than 2 hours each way. Thanks so much for any advice! Hope everyone stays safe