Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Is There Anything That Will Help The Excessive Shedding???

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by sarah9, Sep 14, 2018.

1. sarah9

sarah9 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I started a dread shed from minoxidil about a week ago, and it was pretty bad, but this morning I woke up and it is 10x worse. I easily lost 1,000+ hairs just running my hands through it, about 50-100 each time I ran my hands through my hair with no signs of letting up. There's no way I can sustain weeks of hair loss at this rate. I am wondering if it may be due to the PRP treatments I am also doing (I've done 2, about a month and a half apart).

Does anyone have any tips for how to make this better? Exercise, yoga, certain foods, anything? I am going out of the country in 3 weeks and I just cannot imagine dealing with this while abroad... :(

#1 sarah9, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Farrah711 likes this.
  2. clp

clp New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Get some stinging nettle root from Swanson and take 2 tablets daily. It stops the dht that causes hair loss. It has worked well for me.

3. Jtilly

Jtilly Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I hope someone shares some tips with you! I was just about to make a similar post.
    I am having the worst shed ever!
    I am not using minoxidil, but started using spironolactone 3 weeks ago. 25mg the first 2 weeks, 50mg for a week.
    Am supposed to fly out of state to get first PRP/CRP treatment next week and am now starting to worry if PRP/CRP will make it way worse?
    At the rate this shed is happening I will HAVE to be in a wig within a week!

4. Kelant

Kelant New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had a shed for at least 4 months on Regaine and it was awful, but it did suddenly start growing again, which was amazing! Unfortunately it is a slow process. I only use it on top and it has covered up all the thinness I had here, unfortunately the rest of my hair is still fine and wispy. But if I hadn't used the Regaine then all of my hair would have been awful now. I'm sorry I don't have any tips, I think unfortunately it is just a matter of keep going and it will get better in the end.
    I wish you all the best and hope it gets better for you soon.