Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Is this a curse? Seriously ..

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed Alopecians' started by launica831, Nov 4, 2009.

1. launica831

launica831 Guest

I feel like that girl from that teenage witch movie that came out a few years ago. The one with those 3 girls ... THE CRAFT !!I feel like the pretty girl that was mean to other girls that is getting her karma. Well I wasn't that mean nor was I all that pretty( BUT IN MY HEAD i WAS :bravo: : :punk: ) . Anyway, I'm just so consumed with thoughts of my alopecia. I dont want it !! My boyfriend noticed it this weekend after I came out of the shower that I had a oval like shap on the back of my head of missing hair. I told him he was lying and that he was stupid!! He was so wrong i have long hair and its thick and full. I look in the mirror and I was terrified, I started bawling I couldnt stop crying, WTF ?!!! Why me ?! I'm only 24( but i look like im 16) !! I went to see a dermatologist that injected that spot a few times with cortizone ?? What does that even do?? He said it was to reduce the inflammation? What inflammation ?? Anyway, then he gave me a cream( which I havent started using, I guess im in still in denial) that has steroids or something? He also suggested ROGAINE. Yeah ok like im really going to start using all that crap. I just want my hair to grow back and this whole thing to disappear. After reading a lot of stories on this website I started to get really depressed. Can anyone please tell me a miracle story like ... they rubbed a magical dust and it made everything come back to normal. OMG please???!
    Okay well its been nice to vent to my keyboard.
    So again please reply with good news about this nightmare.

2. miche777

miche777 Guest

Unfortunately, no such miracle dust exists.....

Now that doesn't mean we can't regrow our hair. I've shed plenty of my hair plenty of times in my life (mainly during my 20s)....and it always grew back (culprits were low does BCP, stress, bad nutrition/diet, and probably a bit too much partying.... :$ )

What I would do is get a doctor to do some bloodwork that would be relevant to your hairloss, such as iron/ferritin, full thyroid work up, and hormones, and why not cortisol testing too...

Post back with your results. Good news is: you are young and you have caught this early. Now...it's time to find out WHY this is happending...there are too many different causes, and thus, many many ways to treat female hair loss....the sleuthing begins.

3. Let us know if the cortizone shots help. I heard it has helped some.

4. SherryBerry

SherryBerry Guest

My bald spot grew back in prety darn fast.. wel not instantly but mayb like 2 monhs before it started sprouting hair. That's actually pretty fast as far as regeneration goes.

I attribute it alot to the fact that i did something about it pretty fast before it had time to really die out and never have a chance of rejuvenation :dunno:

5. littlenewo

littlenewo Guest

First, I am sorry to hear about your stress. I know how you feel completely! I even had visions of "The Craft" myself, LOL. I think though, you should definitely listen to Miche. A full work up of your blood is a necessity. My thyroid for instance was out of wack. I have hyperthyroid, but a lot of people on this site have hypothyroid and BOTH can contribute and cause hair loss. Also, Sherry has been taking iron and eating salmon, which she believes might be helping her re-growth. I guess my point is there are so many factors that can be causing or contributing to your hair loss. Alopecia areata is so frustrating, so hang in there! Also, ask questions on this site, everyone is super helpful and informative. In fact Joanne the moderator is a wealth of knowledge :)

Take a breath, it is going to be ok :)

6. Keruby

Keruby Guest