Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

is this for real????

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Din, May 17, 2011.

1. Din

Din Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Ladies,

I just heard that bananas increase testosterone levels. And I have been eating bananas daily, sometimes even two a day!! I did a google search and there are other foods that raise it like celery, and avocadoes etc..and I eat all of those. Do you think that I am actually causing myself hair loss by eating these? should I just stop? seems like nothing is good for you anymore....nothing else to eat, then for sure your hair will fall out from malnutrition,

here is the link

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... .google.ca

2. selene

selene Guest

Din,

I don't think you're causing hair loss by eating those very healthy foods.

For one thing, there are ALL sorts of baseless opinions out there about food and health ... and this may be true or not. And even if these foods do increase testosterone, it would be minimal and also it's not testosterone that's the problem, it's the DHT. Finasteride blocks DHT, but can actually raise testosterone in women.

Bananas and avocados are extremely healthy foods. It makes sense to me that making my body as healthy as possible will help my hair be the best it can be ... whatever that may be.

3. Din

Din Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you are right, but at least for now, I wont eat bananas every day, see if that makes a difference.

Din

4. Kay777

Kay777 Guest

that web site pretty much described my entire diet: fish, nuts, eggs, avocados, brown rice, etc. argh! :badmood:

5. tique706

tique706 Guest

What to do?? we can't seem to win no matter what we do :(

6. Hennared

Hennared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    This is my opinion, but.. that is RIDICULOUS.

Bananas are NOT going to make your hair fall out.

7. RugBug

RugBug Guest

my morning smoothie would be equal to gruel if not for my banana's....so, I guess I've made my choice. Bananas over hair.

8. sparrow

sparrow Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I can disprove that. I haven't been able to eat bananas for years.

9. Mariaaa

Mariaaa Guest

Maybe those are foods to avoid if you already have hormone balance problems, but I highly doubt any kind of food alone can raise your testosterone to the point of hair loss!