Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Is this miniaturization?

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by Eddadde, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Eddadde

Eddadde Member

Dislikes Received:
    I wanted to also add a picture to what I posted earlier. I took this picture in morning light in a tent, so I think might be best lighted picture I have. I was totally shocked and horrified when I saw it. The texture and color of the hair coming out from the part is completely different. Is this what miniaturization looks like? :(

IMG_8741.JPG

2. Bald eagle 1996

Bald eagle 1996 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Its hard to tell based on this picture, at least for me it is. I have read on here that new normal hair can start of thinner and get thicker as it grows. DO you see big hairs mixed with thinner longer hairs, if you do that could be miniaturization. YOu can pluck a couple and lay them side by side and def tell the difference. I think I have a few miniaturized hairs too. Btw your part looks great! Not noticeable at all.

3. Eddadde

Eddadde Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for your reply. My hair has always been really fine so it's so hard to tell. You made me feel a little better. I will just try to be content to ride this wave of "not noticeable" for as long as possible. As they say, the past is gone and the future doesn't exist...

4. JenVoy

JenVoy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Just wanted you to know that when this hair loss started a few months ago, I'd look in the mirror a few weeks later and noticed a few hairs popping up on top (where most of the hair loss started initially) Then a month later I'd freak out and cry because I thought I had small vellus hairs growing in. I thought I had Androgenetic Alopecia instead of TE. Now 3 months later, I see normal hairs sprouting up where I lost hair 3 months prior. I naturally have (or had) thick, wavy coarse hair. The hair that started to grow initially looked vellus, but eventually started to grow longer and it looks to be the same as my natural hair. If you have naturally thinner hair that is straight, give it time to grow in and know that it may take awhile for it to appear "normal" looking. :)