Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Is your Androgenetic Alopecia genetic?

Discussion in 'Living with Androgenetic Alopecia' started by JeHope, Mar 6, 2012.

1. BGS92

BGS92 Guest

:agree: I'd love to find that off-button too! I really believe that you are born genetically pre-dispoced to thin at some point, but what sets it off I'd call the on-button. But if an on-button exists, there must be an off-button!

2. Blue Panda

Blue Panda Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Whenever my family gets together pretty much every man at the table is bald on top. The one's who aren't are young and thinning or like my little brother (who started thinning at 14 and has been on medication since 16) are medicated to prevent it. So far as I can tell, all my aunts, cousins, mum, grandmother all have lovely full heads of hair. I guess I just got lucky :(.

3. April_moon

April_moon Member

Dislikes Received:
    i have one bald uncle, and a cousin on my dads side with alopecia..

4. sarvnaz123

sarvnaz123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    It is about half and half in my family. Half of the women and men (all ages) have a full/thick head of hair, and half are thinning. We don't have any completely bald person in our family, and when it comes to women, only one of my aunts is moderately thin. the others including my mom are minimally thinning and she is in her 70's. Whats funny is that the daughter of my aunt with moderately thin hair has a full/thick head of hair you could possibly imagine and she is 43. It is amazing how genes work.